Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

When I was in Primary School we had an event there for something. There were little games there in which you could win prizes. I did one in which you needed to stick a flag into the map and the closest person to the marking on the piece of paper underneath the map won.

I got it bang on and won a trip out with the Lord Mayor. He took myself and a mate to the zoo and to his office in his Jag. I was over the moon at the time and was even more happy when we wound up on the front page of the newspaper. How easily pleased I was.....

Just before the Germany World Cup in 2006 I went on a lads holiday to Zante, We all went to the airport wearing England and Villa tops. At the airport was some reporter for Central news trying to get a piece on British police helping out over in Germany. Now I don't know if they got the times wrong or what but there wasn't even a flight to Germany so they asked us to pretend we were going, we were happy to oblige knowing we'd get on the telly. So, my claim to fame is being on the news talking absolute bull shit about a place I wasn't even going to :lol:

Just before the Germany World Cup in 2006 I went on a lads holiday to Zante, We all went to the airport wearing England and Villa tops. At the airport was some reporter for Central news trying to get a piece on British police helping out over in Germany. Now I don't know if they got the times wrong or what but there wasn't even a flight to Germany so they asked us to pretend we were going, we were happy to oblige knowing we'd get on the telly. So, my claim to fame is being on the news talking absolute bull shit about a place I wasn't even going to :lol:

Sounds like a flyGlobespan advert.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to school and played in the same football team as Dennis Mortimor's son. Played football in his back garden on numerous occasions as a nipper

I was on a German Game show during world cup 2006, i won 100 euros for chewing on this swedes sock for 10 seconds.

As a young lad I took part in this thing called the Gaisce Awards it involved various things but one was to take up some sort of recreation for a few weeks so I went for karate.....and my partner many many times was Una healy (the saturdays) I had to hold her feet while she was doing sits ups and she mine etc etc she packs a fair punch I can tell you that

One of my running club mates got the bronze medal in the deaf olympics marathon (in Taiwan) a few weeks ago.

(Actually that's a rubbish claim to fame for me, but not for her).

I'm sure it's not in here already but 22 pages is a lot to check ...

Margaret Thatcher told my lad off ..he was 2 at the time and it was at Graham Hicks testimonial dinner and he started "talking " over his speech .. Maggie was sitting on the table directly behind me and give him the Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh ..worked a treat as well

She came over and had a photo taken with him later and despite having sort of lost it due to age was really pleasant .. She's a big supporter of Graham Hick and did lots of work for his benefit year

When I was a youngster (I think about ten yrs old) my Uncle was Head Chef at Buckingham Palace and one day my parents and I visited him in London. Later on we went to the palace...so there we were walking about the palace quite freely but at one point I remember hearing footsteps around the corner of a part we were not supposed to be in so we were literally running around trying to not get caught.

We actually have photographs of us looking out at the gates of the people looking in which is rather cool.

• 2 months later...

At drinks round the neighbours house tonight and met the daughter of one of the neighbours for the first time. Turns out she teaches at a posh school in India and teaches Sachin Tendulkar's kids.

Â