Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

As a raw youth, and by pure coincidence, I happened to be at the Royal Society the day Emperor Hirohito of Japan picked up his honorary fellowship. (He was a moderately eminent marine biologist).

The emperor gave me a very polite Japanese bow, to which not having a clue how to respond, I returned the compliment with a very slight inclination of my head.... not the done thing at all.

If anyone is in any doubt how important this makes me, you should know he used to be a God!

Can't remember if I put this up before but I had my life saved by Roald Dahl.

Indirectly admittedly, but still

You were poisoned, then watched You Only Live Twice and had to throw up after seeing what he did to Fleming's story? (I mean, no garden of death?!)

Can't remember if I put this up before but I had my life saved by Roald Dahl.

Indirectly admittedly, but still

Because you didn't think it was all worth it until you read James & The Giant Peach?

Well there is that yeah.

But he invented the syringe type thing that can drain hydracephalus (spelling?). If that hadn't been invented I wouldn't be here today.

World Cup Winner Frank LeBoeuf splashed a little urine on me once, whilst in a London Cinema toilet.

That has got to be THE rubbishest claim to fame, making you the winner :lol:

• 2 months later...

I just remembered another one.

The keyboard player from Shakatak did thousands of pounds worth of damage to his car on my drive way. I think it was a Ferrari but don't quote me on that.

I just remembered another one.

The keyboard player from Shakatak did thousands of pounds worth of damage to his car on my drive way. I think it was a Ferrari but don't quote me on that.

Reminds me of one. Not a claim to fame for me but for an aunt actually.

Rod Stewart had to use my aunts phone in the B&B she owned at the time after getting back in his Lambourghini, forgetting it was in reverse and slamming into the Morris parked behind it in the early 70s, apparently.

Heh, just thought of a couple more tenuous ones.

My best mate at uni's dad is the ambassador to the UN for something for the UK.

And the town I currently live in, Aberystwyth, has Sue Jones-Davies, as it's mayor. Better know as The Life of Brians Judith Iscariot, and funnily enough until this month the film was still banned here. They're showing it in a week or so and apparently a couple of Pythons are travelling for the Aber premier.

I have appeared on morning television in both England and America. I was part of a 'what to do in the half term feature' going on a tour of the body shop factory with Carol Smilie (Sp?) on Good Morning with Anne and Nick in 1992. And I was 'taught' the harmonica by some random American harmonica player in Universal Studios Hollywood for Good Morning, America or something like that in 1996.

A true international superstar!

I have also sold a sleeping bag to Chris Packham and the boy who played Wolf in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. Oh, and sold a computer game to Yakubu.

I've been dying to get this in somewhere and at last here's my chance:

I have been in 4 different countries, all on the same day, and all beginning with the letter 'E'...

It will be easy if you look in an atlas... try and guess.

CLUE: one of them was England.

Â