Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

My Dad sung on a number one hit back in the seventies. Wont say which one though.
Oh come ON. A number one's a number one. Even if it's a load of old "number two". :) Do tell.

Technically, England isn't a country. Sorry mate ;)
Here we go again. Yes it is. And so are Scotland and Northern Ireland. I think Wales is technically a principality. The United Kingdom is a sovereign state, which is probably what you were thinking of.

I've been dying to get this in somewhere and at last here's my chance:

I have been in 4 different countries, all on the same day, and all beginning with the letter 'E'...

It will be easy if you look in an atlas... try and guess.

CLUE: one of them was England.

Estonia to England then to south America to El Salvador and Ecuador?

I've been dying to get this in somewhere and at last here's my chance:

I have been in 4 different countries, all on the same day, and all beginning with the letter 'E'...

It will be easy if you look in an atlas... try and guess.

CLUE: one of them was England.

England - East Germany - Estonia - East Timor? Helluva fast plane!

You wouldn't be able to do that in a day , no flight connections ..

It would more likely be .. England , Egypt , Ethiopia ,  Eritrea ... do I win a prize ?

One of my best mates is a ref and his personal trainer is Alan Wiley.

I played against Daniel Sturridge in an Indoor 4-a-Side tournament when I was in Year 6. His team beat us 8-3 and he scored 6. My Dad was like, "He will turn pro." And voila he has.

My Dad went out with Ozzy Osbourne's niece and Ozzy sang with my Dad's band while they played some Sabbath song. Ozzy's Mom and Dad also used to live at the house behind mine.

Erm my Uncle is a famous author but that isn't really a "ridiculous" claim.

It would more likely be .. England , Egypt , Ethiopia ,  Eritrea ... do I win a prize ?

Yes you do.... though it was the other way round. Early morning flight from Asmara to Addis. Change planes for Cairo refuelling stop.... and finally London.

Yes you do.... though it was the other way round. Early morning flight from Asmara to Addis. Change planes for Cairo refuelling stop.... and finally London.

sits here waiting for his prize ...... hopes it's not like the Readers Digest Prize that I also "won"

ahh , just noticed a slight flaw in your claim there

if you didn't pass through Immigration and leave the airport in Egypt and (Addis ?? ) then technically you are "In transit" and you've not actually entered the country ...

it may have to be referred to the claim to fame panel for a ruling :-)

ahh , just noticed a slight flaw in your claim there

if you didn't pass through Immigration and leave the airport in Egypt and (Addis ?? ) then technically you are "In transit" and you've not actually entered the country ...

it may have to be referred to the claim to fame panel for a ruling :-)

Spoilsport.

• 3 weeks later...

Feck, just thought of another one.

I used to live next door to Bitty McClean and his family in Chelmsley (years before he was famous)

Now THAT is a rubbish claim to fame! :-)

Â