Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

I thought his passing was pretty good really and he was finding Watkins between the lines really well. 

But his defending is unaffecting at best. Strangely a more technical defender than imposing himself for as big as he is. 

Edited by DJBOB

I can only assume the injury has really degraded his level of play and mobility. He doesn't look like a top 6 CB. And his brain goes completely missing at times. 

I'm not a fan. I had question marks before his injury - but that was really early in his PL career.

Thought he was good against ManUre, though. I don't remember them getting much joy out of him. Not to blame for either goal and some good passing.

Thought at the time that he could've tried to jump more but tbh it's absolutely nowhere near him. Absolutely perfect cross. Not sure what he can do really. It's just a bit unlucky that it fell so perfectly for SMT and he had the run on Cash.

image.png.7abb7bf1c2904672aa97eee2127b1f9a.png

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I can only assume the injury has really degraded his level of play and mobility. He doesn't look like a top 6 CB. And his brain goes completely missing at times. 

I dont think he was ever that good if honest. Another poisonous Gerrard decision to spend so much on him

When we bought him, he was one half of the third tightest defence in Europe. Whether it's just English football not suiting him, or the injury taking its toll, I don't know. But he's deeply rubbish.

10 minutes ago, Risso said:

When we bought him, he was one half of the third tightest defence in Europe. Whether it's just English football not suiting him, or the injury taking its toll, I don't know. But he's deeply rubbish.

His first game under shithead vs Bournemouth he was all over the place. He lacked defensive awareness

3 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

You wrote him off after 1 game? Ridiculous.

What? He has played about 25 times since then

Was saying before his injury he looked fragile also

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He played one game before his injury.

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think it’s a harsh assessment considering he only played 1 game before his injury, I think most centre backs would struggle in their first PL game as they acclimatise to the intensity and physicality, and more so considering the poor setup under Gerrard with probably very limited tactical preparation. Since he’s come back he’s had some good games and some iffy games, considering his injury and now he’s firmly in the back up category I don’t think he’s ever going to pick up enough momentum to become a top class centre half again but is probably a very good 4-5th choice option (albeit probably 10x more expensive)

Edited by david-avfc

Â