Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

7 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

There’s a bit more to it than who’s going to qualify for Europe - the answer to that one is obvious. 

Money is obviously a huge factor, but the project that the club is selling to players can’t be overlooked. Prospective players couldn’t help but be impressed with signings of the likes of Coutinho and Kamara.

We may have finished 14th last season but given what we are trying to build we’ve got to be an attractive proposition to players. More attractive than a number of the teams who finished above us last season.

While thats true you can still understand why a director of a team that consistently qualify for Europe would be miffed to lose a player, any team can float a project but you have to back it up on the pitch

Its just a comment for the fans, its like some people getting angry that Targett made a throwaway comment about the Newcastle dressing room.

A lot of sensitive people who are looking to get angry at opposition clubs, way too much Leeds influence on here in recent seasons :D  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

While thats true you can still understand why a director of a team that consistently qualify for Europe would be miffed to lose a player, any team can float a project but you have to back it up on the pitch

Its just a comment for the fans, its like some people getting angry that Targett made a throwaway comment about the Newcastle dressing room.

A lot of sensitive people who are looking to get angry at opposition clubs, way too much Leeds influence on here in recent seasons :D  

Don’t get me wrong, I completely understand it - and it’s natural that he is looking to appease his fans. Looking at it from anything other than a Villa perspective, you can see why eyebrows would be raised. 

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Who is more likely for europe us or them? If you say us your lying

🤣 Jose Maria Cruz de Andres has no idea what Villa will achieve with Carlos and co, it is not for him to discuss Villa or make reference to Villa's sporting project. 

36 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

🤣 Jose Maria Cruz de Andres has no idea what Villa will achieve with Carlos and co, it is not for him to discuss Villa or make reference to Villa's sporting project. 

who did they reluctantly sell the centre back too?

12 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

How quickly can he get English citizenship? Asking for a friend/England manager...

He would need a transfer to a Sky 6 club before he gets a call up

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It isn't sensitivity. I just believe some people have pride and hope in the Villa, which rightly or wrongly makes them more protective of the club. Calling out crap that is unfair about the club or/and players is right imo. Being bullish about Villa's prospects and hopes is healthy too. I just wish a few more could have a bit more pride in the club at times. Get behind the bloody club!

Furthermore, I don't agree with this Sevilla guy - I think he treats Diego Carlos like a piece of meat in that article ("players like this who are 28, 29") and is tarnishing DC legacy to save his own bacon. Cowardly. Honestly, he can say what he likes about Villa - he has no say over our fortunes. Just a noisy man from Spain, bankrupt of class and dignity.

9 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

What a bitter man. I guess fear and jealousy are driving his beliefs. Fear of his own supporters questioning him. 😂 He will happily take our cash in a heartbeat but spin the line that the player is all about money - simply to deflect from his failure to convince Carlos to stay. No Jose, you are about the dollar.

Diego also helped win them the Europa League too. Show some decorum and class - keep silent and respect Carlos' service to your club. No need for digs and false characterisations, especially from a director too. This guy needs to be more vocal about the uneven distribution of the La Liga cash going to Madrid and Barca, that is the big reason you struggle to hold on to your better players. Jose Maria Cruz de Andres is simply a lap dog for Real Madrid & Barcelona. 

This is a really **** weird take.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Story confirming Newcastle had agreed to a deal with Diego in January but Sevilla didn't want to sell him. Also Sevilla's director takes a shot at Villa! 

https://www.90min.com/posts/diego-carlos-sevilla-chief-reveals-why-newcastle-january-transfer-fell-through

Makes total sense what that lad has said. Explaining why the CB who made La Liga team of the year was sold. 

He would certainly have more success trophy wise at Seville than at Villa but financially moving to us is surely right decision for him at this stage of his career and given he has been a late bloomer too. 

What salary would he have been on at Seville? he joined them from Nantes for £13m. Villa will be his big contract of his career for him and his family.

5 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Been watching his instagram stories, BBQ's with full pigs on the fire, crazy gym workouts, been down the shooting range.. this guy is going to be crazy 😂

Best Mike England Manager GIFs | Gfycat

Those comments from the Sevilla director are so harmless. Amazed people are getting their knickers in a twist

Think Diego will be a decent signing. He’s basically a replacement for Hause, so it’s a big upgrade. We now have 4 centre backs I’d be happy to see in any starting lineup, and a nice balance of footballers and stoppers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Those comments from the Sevilla director are so harmless. Amazed people are getting their knickers in a twist

Think Diego will be a decent signing. He’s basically a replacement for Hause, so it’s a big upgrade. We now have 4 centre backs I’d be happy to see in any starting lineup, and a nice balance of footballers and stoppers.

So you think we’ve just paid £26m for a back up player i.e a player that won’t be in the first team?

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

So you think we’ve just paid £26m for a back up player i.e a player that won’t be in the first team?

Yeah that's crazy! He's a replacement for konsa, will be the RCB alongside mings 

Hause can be moved on if we can find him a club (which we should be able to, would start for half the championship) 

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

No, I think we're upgrading our back-up players to players capable of starting, so we have genuine competition for places. Did you see the bit where I said, "We now have 4 centre backs I’d be happy to see in any starting lineup"?

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

No, I think we're upgrading our back-up players to players capable of starting, so we have genuine competition for places. Did you see the bit where I said, "We now have 4 centre backs I’d be happy to see in any starting lineup"?

Sorry, I misunderstood 

• Like 1

Â