Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

31 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Bloody hell, how is this thread becoming and anti Steve thread. Can we get back to Diego Carlos. Is he our new left sided or right sided CB?

Have you been off VT since his appointment? Lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

TBH, I was pissed off with a warning from a mod, said I was off topic and I dont believe I was. I feel like a football manager after a game. I can't slag off the ref when he is completely wrong or showing bias or I will get a 100k fine 😀. But too many exciting things happening not to join in at the moment.

Welcome back after your sulk !🤣

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Bloody hell, how is this thread becoming and anti Steve thread. Can we get back to Diego Carlos. Is he our new left sided or right sided CB?

It's just one poster, doing his gimmick. 

• Like 2

Sky saying we have enquired for Bassy, this appears to be gathering momentum. I do feel Mings is going to be sold to the highest bidder (if we get a bidder). Chambers and Carlos as 1st choice and Konsa and Bassy as backups. We cover some fullback positions with this too and if we get really unlucky with injuries then Bouba can drop back. So, after Bassy,  we just need to sign Bissousma and a striker and I will be very happy. If we can flog Ollie to West Ham for 40m+ and buy Darwin Nunez for about 65m that would be a great window

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

38 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

So if we win on Aug 6th Steve is a good manger and if we lose he is a bad manager? Is that not a little like writing off a rookie manager after 6 months in the job and not giving him time to see if he is a good manager or not? I don't know whether he will turn out to be good or bad but I at least am able to comprehend the basic principle that he needs some time to prove his abilities or otherwise. If we are not looking like a vastly improved team by the time the league finishes for the WC then I expect there may be questions asked about him. But to ask the questions now is just immature thinking imo 

General consensus was that Stevie couldn't be judged until he had brought in some more of his own players and had a full pre season with said players.

He will have done both by the time the season starts on Aug 6......

Tick tick....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

General consensus was that Stevie couldn't be judged until he had brought in some more of his own players and had a full pre season with said players.

Tick tick....

We’ll probably have City away as a first game now.

• Haha 1

Just now, hippo said:

Tick tick....

We signed an agreement today to sign Diego Carlos when the transfer window opens on June 10th. Can't wait for the official announcement...Tick Tok

12 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

TBH, I was pissed off with a warning from a mod, said I was off topic and I dont believe I was. I feel like a football manager after a game. I can't slag off the ref when he is completely wrong or showing bias or I will get a 100k fine 😀. But too many exciting things happening not to join in at the moment.

I know the feeling mate. Welcome back. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Sky saying we have enquired for Bassy, this appears to be gathering momentum. I do feel Mings is going to be sold to the highest bidder (if we get a bidder). Chambers and Carlos as 1st choice and Konsa and Bassy as backups. We cover some fullback positions with this too and if we get really unlucky with injuries then Bouba can drop back. So, after Bassy,  we just need to sign Bissousma and a striker and I will be very happy. If we can flog Ollie to West Ham for 40m+ and buy Darwin Nunez for about 65m that would be a great window

Isn't Bassey a Left back though, last resort as a CB?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Tick tick....

So I’m guessing you’ll hope SG will fail miserably? Let’s say he does well with transfers and gets us in a European spot next season would your view change ?

The great thing about getting this done so quick is we are putting the FFP stuff on this year's books rather than 22/23.

That plus sevilla needing money by the start of June to balance their books is probably why this got done so fast. 

• Like 1

Â