Hungary v England/Germany v England/England v Italy/England v Hungary Nations League

andykeenan

Just now, sidcow said:

Nah, he's just waiting around the middle for the ball to hit him and go in. 

Why oh why does Grealish NEVER cut inside then lash the ball into the net? It's all there but he so rarely tries it. 

Low percentage. He's never ever done that to be fair.  Can only assume its one of the few things he's not very good at and he knows it.  

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Kane on. Put your money on a pen

I'd rather lose, in fact I wish we lost the other day.

I just want the manager gone so we can watch some proper football and dream about winning something

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why oh why does Grealish NEVER cut inside then lash the ball into the net? It's all there but he so rarely tries it. 

Because he can't shoot unless it's on the volley 😂 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I’ve come to the conclusion it’s not actually there. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

they also ain’t as good as everyone thinks.

You seem to be the only one with this view.  If you can’t see this is mostly Southgate then I don’t know what to tell you and you are in a very small minority in this view.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why?

He evidently doesn't think an above average midfielder who is the second best set piece taker ever in the Premier League is worth 25m  for some reason

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why?

If there's no set piece on, he's a nothing player. No range of passing, too slight and not physical enough to play as a 6, not able to drive forward with the ball etc.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Low percentage. He's never ever done that to be fair.  Can only assume its one of the few things he's not very good at and he knows it.  

Huh? He did it plenty of times at Villa. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

If there's no set piece on, he's a nothing player. No range of passing, too slight and not physical enough to play as a 6, not able to drive forward with the ball etc.

Fair enough but I wouldn’t judge it from this game. They all look shit.

Just now, Keyblade said:

He isn't a 6. He is an 8....

Southgate simply isn't playing him to his strengths, pretty much like every other player on the pitch

3 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Any chance that Jack could invest some of the £100m plus wages into a left foot? So predictably comes inside on his right every single time. 

I actually thought it was a really poor ball in to him from Bowen, he played it behind him on to his right and it was bobbling 

Not saying he wouldn't have just cut on to his right anyway but it wasn't like it was in front of him on his left 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

You seem to be the only one with this view.  If you can’t see this is mostly Southgate then I don’t know what to tell you and you are in a very small minority in this view.

A lot of it is Southgate. But then it was also Hodgson, Capello, Erickson…..

A better manager would help but it ain’t gonna make these world beaters. 

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

So if they're not delivering on the pitch, it's certainly because of their life outside it, as opposed to the myriad of other footballing reasons why form can drop off (such as, in the case of DCL, a serious injury)? 

Edit: Also Jesse Lingard is a terrible example. He got next to zero minutes of playing time in 18 months, went on loan to West Ham and had a barn storming season which showed that he was still a top professional despite a.) not getting any playing time/match fitness and b.) having a life outside football.

nope, nobody said it was certainly the reason their form dropped off, just that there will be criticism if at the same time as their form dropping off they are doing more non-football work.

Ronaldo is a marketing powerhouse but keeps delivering so it’s all good. Even players like Ronaldinho known for their partying is excused because they deliver on the pitch.

Lingard barely got any team BECAUSE his form got so bad at the same time he’s doing loads of (cringey) non-football work. Bit like DCL. It might not be connected but it will draw criticism if your day job is suffering at the same time they do more extra curricular work. 

Â