Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

21 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

None of their business makes sense bizarre  they are lucky that they have a good manager.

Makes perfect sense to me.  They got promoted, lost a load of players due to loans ending or contracts ending.  Signed some (a lot) of players on relatively short team deals in the Premier League who could also do a job in the Championship if they went down.  They didn't, so now push on with "better" recruitment whilst the short term deals come to an end.

At the end of this season, Hennessey, Horvath, Worrall, Felipe, Aurier, McKenna, Boly, Aina, Kouyate and Wood will all be out of contract.  That's the remaining Championship-era deadwood being shifted and it's essentially already replaced.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Makes perfect sense to me.  They got promoted, lost a load of players due to loans ending or contracts ending.  Signed some (a lot) of players on relatively short team deals in the Premier League who could also do a job in the Championship if they went down.  They didn't, so now push on with "better" recruitment whilst the short term deals come to an end.

At the end of this season, Hennessey, Horvath, Worrall, Felipe, Aurier, McKenna, Boly, Aina, Kouyate and Wood will all be out of contract.  That's the remaining Championship-era deadwood being shifted and it's essentially already replaced.

They’ve have 4 keepers and 5 right backs 😂 the balance of that squad for a team not in Europe is bizarre 

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

They’ve have 4 keepers and 5 right backs 😂 the balance of that squad for a team not in Europe is bizarre 

2 of those keepers and 3 of those right backs have contracts ending this season, leaving them with 2 and 2.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

2 of those keepers and 3 of those right backs have contracts ending this season, leaving them with 2 and 2.

And the wages are still there to be paid overt the course of this season 

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It seemed fine business until the 7/8 deadline day signings

Its overkill and not really inspiring transfers. Origi ffs 😂

Origi isnt that bad at all for a team like forest. Would rather have him than jay rodriguez for example

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Origi isnt that bad at all for a team like forest. Would rather have him than jay rodriguez for example

Rodriguez is better than Origi though, he was very dangerous against us last week while Origi was hopeless in Serie A playing for a title contender

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They already have Dennis, Awoniyi , Wood and 57 attacking midfielders. 

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Rodriguez is better than Origi though, he was very dangerous against us last week while Origi was hopeless in Serie A playing for a title contender

Im not sure i agree rodriguez is better 

Im curios to see how Origi does. He certainly hasnt kicked on since he left plop

Origi is terrible, it spoke volumes that he was content to play single figure games for Liverpool every season and only left as he was finally forced out I think when his contract ended. 

28 and a half years old and not even made 250 appearances….no way he should be a starting prem forward, I suppose he could do a job as a super sub maybe 

Edited by Villatillidie95

51 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

And the wages are still there to be paid overt the course of this season 

Of course - but that's the nature of the beast when planning for survival scrap/relegation.  If it happened, they'd be fine.  If they survived, they could try and push on.

Credit to Joe Worrall btw, mentioned it on MOTD but he played after his uncle died on Tuesday after "the incident in Newark"

I presume that was the person trying to stop someone getting hit by a passing train and they were the ones who got struck themselves and ultimately lost his life.

Also assume he got the red card at Man. United overturned unless the suspension was for the league cup game?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Jareth said:

Big Dean Smith vibes from Cooper- what a humble decent bloke. If I hadn't gone Villa as a 10 year old I'd have gone Forest. Hope they stay up and kick on. 

A lot of fans round this way wanted him gone last season.  "Nice bloke, but he's not changing things" type vibes.  Obviously, they stayed up, he stayed on and they've enjoyed a decent start to the season - everyone now happy with him again :D

It's the ridiculousness of the Premier League (or football, really) - what are Forest (and most clubs) really in it for?  Survival to whatever extent and a decent cup run?

In any case, as I've said elsewhere, that attacking trio (Elanga, Gibbs-White and Awoniyi) will cause teams plenty of problems this season.  I predicted they'd finish 15th but, actually, could see them doing a bit better.

Â