Jump to content

Weekends Football 22/24 April


andykeenan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Friday 

Chaampionship 

Huddersfield v Barnsley SS3

Saturday 

Premier League 

Arsenal v Man Utd 12.30pm BT Sport 1

Man City v Watford 

Norwich v Newcastle 

Brentford v Spurs 5.30pm SS2

MOTD 10.25pm

Championship

Luton v Blackpool 12.30pm SS3

Small Heath v Millwall 

Bournemouth v Fulham 

Derby v Bristol City

Hull v Reading 

Peterborough v Forest

Sheff Utd v Cardiff 

Stoke v QPR

Swansea v Middlesbrough 

Albion v Coventry

EFL on Quest 9pm

Sunday 

Premier League

Brighton v Southampton 2pm

Burnley v Wolves 2pm

Super Sunday 

Chelsea v West Ham 2pm SS2

Liverpool v Everton 4.30pm SS2

MOTD 2 10.30pm

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m a staunch Grauniad-reading liberal, but I’m not quite sure what to make of this stopping the game at sunset to let Ramadan-observing players have a quick snack. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I’m a staunch Grauniad-reading liberal, but I’m not quite sure what to make of this stopping the game at sunset to let Ramadan-observing players have a quick snack. 

i like it. Well, not stopping the game but delaying a restart, why not? Some sportsmanship in the game is not a bad thing,

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

i like it. Well, not stopping the game but delaying a restart, why not? Some sportsmanship in the game is not a bad thing,

I don’t know. It’s not a massive deal, but making religious concessions in the middle of a game just seems a bit odd and sets a precedent I’m not sure I’m too keen on. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I don’t know. It’s not a massive deal, but making religious concessions in the middle of a game just seems a bit odd and sets a precedent I’m not sure I’m too keen on. 

It is a conundrum as an atheist, I understand that.

From a purely sporting perspective, this is a player who hasn’t ate or drank since 7am, so a quick second to let him squeeze a sugar bomb in his mouth and have a swig of water which we do when it’s over 30 degrees I’m cool with. Not sure what other scenarios the precedent could lead to really that would be any issue

Edited by a m ole
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Arsenal vs United I remember that used to be a big game 😂

CM pairings of Elneny & Xhaka vs McTominay & Matic :crylaugh:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, El Zen said:

I’m a staunch Grauniad-reading liberal, but I’m not quite sure what to make of this stopping the game at sunset to let Ramadan-observing players have a quick snack. 

A quick snack makes it sounds like they pause for a packet of crisps rather than squeezing a pack of gel down their neck and having a swig of water. If it wasn’t reported on, I think we’d barely notice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

A quick snack makes it sounds like they pause for a packet of crisps rather than squeezing a pack of gel down their neck and having a swig of water. If it wasn’t reported on, I think we’d barely notice.

Its that unnoticeable that players have actually done it for years with no stoppage, I can remember the Rio ferdinand jaffa cake thing on tv

Its the stoppage that's weird, they don't need it 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think United have conceded more goals than us this season and level with newly promoted Brentford 

Hause and Chambers walk into that back line especially since De Gea will probably win the player of the season for them 

Edited by Zatman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s funny, that’s not a penalty (grabbing a players shoulder from behind and pulling him back off balance) but when a striker dangles a leg into a keeper the contact is suddenly all that matters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

United have some of the same issues we have/will have if we sign the likes of Suarez along with Coutinho.

Rangnick want's his team to press high but have players who won't, can't or don't in Ronaldo, Sancho & Fernandes and so on. Looks awful.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â