Weekends Football 22/24 April

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Matic 1.94 defensive midfielder a Villatalk wet dream, McTominay another 1.93 clogger

sure they should be fine having tall defensive midfielders 😜 

I actually like McTominay, and Matric has pedigree, but obviously they haven't been doing it well enough? Not like I watch United enough to know. Maybe their system then? Or club just rotten.

What I mean is, being United, they should be going for " best in class " in those areas, as they seem to do at the top end of the pitch.

Not to worry though, knowing our luck, this will be the window they decide they want all the DMs, probabaly the ones we want as well, along with Newcastle. Lol

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually like McTominay, and Matric has pedigree, but obviously they haven't been doing it well enough? Not like I watch United enough to know. Maybe their system then? Or club just rotten.

What I mean is, being United, they should be going for " best in class " in those areas, as they seem to do at the top end of the pitch.

Not to worry though, knowing our luck, this will be the window they decide they want all the DMs, probabaly the ones we want as well, along with Newcastle. Lol

McTominay is good in games v likes of Leeds when it's just a battle. In games where control and tempo is needed he isn't great at all. Matic been a very good DM in prem but he just can't run at all now.

If Man. United spent 250m and signed Rice and Jude Bellingham then there's coherent structure in their midfield but ultimately would either want to actually move in their current situation? Liverpool want Bellingham and Rice might have one eye on Chelsea takeover so feels like Man. United will have to take a few Fred style punts in central midfield and hope one works straight from the off.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

McTominay is good in games v likes of Leeds when it's just a battle. In games where control and tempo is needed he isn't great at all. Matic been a very good DM in prem but he just can't run at all now.

If Man. United spent 250m and signed Rice and Jude Bellingham then there's coherent structure in their midfield but ultimately would either want to actually move in their current situation? Liverpool want Bellingham and Rice might have one eye on Chelsea takeover so feels like Man. United will have to take a few Fred style punts in central midfield and hope one works straight from the off.

Mctominay is their Hutton, he's not good enough but he puts a shift in and a few lively tackles meaning they like him and rate him over the rest of their shit 

Matic gave up about 3 years ago, embarrassing that utd still play him 

https://theathletic.com/news/oldhams-must-win-relegation-clash-with-salford-halted-after-fans-occupy-pitch/t0bTsEaV9pq4/

Oldham Athletic’s must-win clash against Salford City has been abandoned after hundreds of fans occupied the pitch to protest against the club’s ownership.

The club are at risk of becoming the first former Premier League club to be relegated from the Football League, with wins for Barrow and Stevenage set to send Oldham down.

t0bTsEaV9pq4_t0bTsEaV9pq4_ZQbjvA2cgjbs_original_1440x1080.jpeg

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Wow, Jesus is back from the dead with 4 goals today😂

I appreciate your effort on this mate. Have a like. 

• Thanks 1

Â