Your Least Favourite Off Topic Threads

mjmooney

Wrestling? When I Wor A Lad, it was all about Jacky Pallo and Mick McManus, Walthamstow Town Hall, Kent Walton commentating, on ITV Sport. It was obviously utterly fake - and its target audience was sexually frustrated fat working class women. Now it seems to be all Las Vegas, still fake, but its target audience is emotionally retarded adolescent boys with repressed homosexual tendencies. It's not remotely 'sport', and I wouldn't want to watch it even if it was. 

Of course, I could be wrong. 

• Thanks 1

It's not a sport - to the extent that it got called 'sports entertainment' to get around any regulations around supplements etc.

Its a performance. A dangerous and difficult one. Like a circus performance with a plot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Wrestling? When I Wor A Lad, it was all about Jacky Pallo and Mick McManus, Walthamstow Town Hall, Kent Walton commentating, on ITV Sport. It was obviously utterly fake - and its target audience was sexually frustrated fat working class women. Now it seems to be all Las Vegas, still fake, but its target audience is emotionally retarded adolescent boys with repressed homosexual tendencies. It's not remotely 'sport', and I wouldn't want to watch it even if it was. 

Of course, I could be wrong. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

It has the problem that 20 years ago the entertainment element of it went through the roof and it was brilliant to watch, the wrestling sat in the passenger seat to the characters, at its peak it was great TV, no two ways about it 

Now its not, its gone to shit, so I'm not sure why people still watch it, the golden age has gone and vince is a dick so it's not coming back, it's not a case of I'm not watching it because I'm 37 and I've grown out of it I'm not watching it because it's not good anymore 

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki

• Like 3

4 hours ago, osmark86 said:

People can watch and enjoy whatever they like. This is fine. But if a grown ass man tries to big up wrestling to me I'm just not going to be very understanding XD.

Who is bigging up wrestling? Im not im just saying people should be looking down as those who like it? Its no worse than people watching reality tv 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Who is bigging up wrestling? Im not im just saying people should be looking down as those who like it? Its no worse than people watching reality tv 

It was a hypothetical scenario. I don't kink shame, it's just not my thing. At all.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Do the wrestling fans like all forms of choreography, or does the combination of play fighting and dressing up as Village People hit a sweet spot?

Good point. I can't understand any interest in wrestling but I also can't understand any interest in Strictly Come Dancing or Diversity (the dancers obviously, not diversity itself). 

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Good point. I can't understand any interest in wrestling but I also can't understand any interest in Strictly Come Dancing or Diversity (the dancers obviously, not diversity itself). 

Sounds like the words of a man that doesn't like diversity. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I’ve never watched strictly .. I’ve seen diversity on tv as you couldn’t  really escape them .. I tut everytime I see that kids hair but they seem  good at what they do and the “leader” speaks well and looks a decent role model with what they’ve achieved 

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

Legs Akimbo did it better

• Like 1

Â