Your Least Favourite Off Topic Threads

mjmooney

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think we need to recall it "the sidcow and many others including me cant believe grown men watch wrestling thread"

FTFY 

• Like 1

Wrestling for me is weird. I really very rarely enjoy the spectacle and I literally never watch it and haven't done since I was about 13 and the rock was a big name 25 years ago, but there's something about how passionate people are about it which I find fun.  There's something about the sheer pageantry about it and I'm curiously fascinated by the performer politics, which as mentioned, considering is about predetermined finishes that makes me laugh.

I also think I'd rather watch wrestling than UFC, which I can't get my head around, as people literally disfigure each other.

Wrestling isn't for me but I get it. It's a live stunt show with a plot. The appeal is how spectacular a show can be put in and how well the plot is enacted. Winning a title is basically like an Oscar.

The distaste is just silly. Like mocking the enjoyment of endeavour.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

The Wrestling thread.  I find it breathtaking that grow men can even watch it let alone discuss it. 

I never understood the anti wrestling snobbery. I dont watch it as much anymore but people who call it fake or scripted havent really got a clue what these guys go through. 

You could replace wrestling with football and people might ask why do grown men watch that, its a bunch of people jumping around the ground with even less contact and with VAR its now scripted 😛 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I never understood the anti wrestling snobbery. I dont watch it as much anymore but people who call it fake or scripted havent really got a clue what these guys go through. 

You could replace wrestling with football and people might ask why do grown men watch that, its a bunch of people jumping around the ground with even less contact and with VAR its now scripted 😛 

tenor.gif

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

This a point.  It is a very hard and dangerous sport. You can break your neck very easily  it is abit soap operay but i don't understand why you would like down on someone like watches it

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This a point.  It is a very hard and dangerous sport. You can break your neck very easily  it is abit soap operay but i don't understand why you would like down on someone like watches it

People can watch and enjoy whatever they like. This is fine. But if a grown ass man tries to big up wrestling to me I'm just not going to be very understanding XD.

• Like 2

Â