• Black Sabbath
    • Oasis
    • Lynard Skynard
    • The Allman Brothers
    • Coldplay
    • Nirvana
    • The Beatles
    • Queen

Music is awful these days. Hip Hop is DEAD which is sad. Rock today is aimed at the skinny jean, emo beta males. Dance music is nothing on the 90's stuff, and drum n bass is not as good as it was in the 00's.

Don't agree with this at all. There's been some great music out this year. 

The Who - Load of shite (other than baba o'riley).

Jay Z - Should never be considered as an ATG hip hop artist. Cringey to hear people say that.

Example - dont know if he is rated or not but all I know is that his music is awful.

Music is awful these days. Hip Hop is DEAD which is sad. Rock today is aimed at the skinny jean, emo beta males. Dance music is nothing on the 90's stuff, and drum n bass is not as good as it was in the 00's.

We can all have our favourite era's and genres, but anyone making such simplistic statements as 'music is awful these days' simply doesn't know where to look. 

The Who have made some excellent stuff, whos next in particular is superb from start to finish and i love some of their early stuff as well. one of the great live bands by all accounts. you will not find another band with such big characters, and i love some of the banter they have on live albums. moon is my favourite drummer of all time and not just for his crazy antics because no one could play the way moon did. there are other bands i prefer but there aint many.

Hip Hop's not dead see rappers like Young Thug, Lil B an Kevin Gates.

Tunes to recommend for a check-'em-out??

Kevin Gates  Don't know what to call it , Young Thug, Flava , Lil B I'm God

To be honest there's probably better out there, they're just examples of rappers currently releasing music that I like quite a bit. Lil B is a funny one because he releases tons of music and a lot of it not very good but I still like a great deal of it, his most easy to get into sounding album is probably God's Father.

• Like 1

I never used to like Hip Hop either and wouldn't really give it a chance, until I heard this song by Antipop Consortium, especially M Sayyid's verse from then I starting likeing stuff like Freestyle Fellowship, Wordsound and MF Doom and all the other usual suspects.

• Like 1

Hip Hop's not dead see rappers like Young Thug, Lil B an Kevin Gates.

I'll check them out. I dont mind Kendrick Lamaar but he like all the other idiot rappers of today have this annoying habit of filling the first few minutes of each song on the album with silly interludes. Drives me up the wall.

• Like 1

Donnie is hereby marked for assassination. The Who are The Greatest Rock'n'Roll Band In The World. Saw them (for the 4th time in 41 years) last night.

I'm off to see them at the 02 on the 16th :)
  • Like 1

anyone like REM? very popular band but never done it for me although i like the odd number.

Me, fan from the first album. All albums up to and including Automatic for the People are great, they then begin to tail off quality wise but still produce some great songs after.

Finished their career at about the right time, possibly a couple of albums too late

Reveal is their best album surely ?

anyone like REM? very popular band but never done it for me although i like the odd number.

Me, fan from the first album. All albums up to and including Automatic for the People are great, they then begin to tail off quality wise but still produce some great songs after.

Finished their career at about the right time, possibly a couple of albums too late

Reveal is their best album surely ?
Never heard it. But I doubt it.

Â