Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

What's going on at Leicester? No signings, and the goalie's off? Looks like they may get Leno to replace him, which is no disaster, but still they're being very weird this window.

rumored financial troubles (I guess with FFP?)

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

That Scamacca guy that West Ham just bought for £35M looks like a real beast, would have loved to have him leading our front line.

I can't get over how much he suits West Ham.

He's such a big horrible West Ham player, that can be brilliant and shit in the same game.

Would have liked him yeah, lot of money for someone who I don't think it's a surefire thing though.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Vinagre signing for Everton, cant remember if he was any use at Wolves

A player who must always play well whenever I saw him. Can't believe Wolves let him go.

On 02/10/2020 at 16:45, Tomaszk said:

Wow, they're sending Vinagre to Olympiakos. I'd love him here. As Targett and LW cover.

3 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Kasper Schmeichel signing for Nice.

Hope his injured hand gets through the medical...

Strange low key end for what is club legend. He joined them when they were mid table in championship of course (hopefully Emi can have some achievements like this when he eventually leaves).

He was a bit of a liability last season but would've thought they'd have announced him leaving end of last season and he'd have got big ovation in last game.

Guess Leicester will buy another keeper but they could do worse than give Danny Ward a go, he's waited long enough as number two.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its strange, apparently by sounds of it they are in sell to buy mode but Tielemans doesnt see to want to leave and thats who they want out. Not sure who else is really a sellable asset as think Fofana just recovered from his injury maybe Barnes and Maddison are not as highly thought of as people suggested, so maybe Schmeichel wages were as best they could get, he is 36 soon so doubt will be a big fee

He gets a bit of stick for his finger thing vs us last season but he always comes across as a decent guy off the pitch 

They rejected a 15m bid for Soumare the other day, want 20m apparently which is optimistic given he barely played past January. Souyncu is another they should cash in on.

Can't believe Tielemans is still there, seems he thought he was going to Arsenal but then they signed Zinchenko. Think he'd be a better signing for Man. United than De Jong.

Edited by VillaChris

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Vallecano going for a Diego Costa/Falcao strikeforce next season

Vinagre signing for Everton, cant remember if he was any use at Wolves

He's only signed for sporting this summer, might have been an obligation on his loan 

Said at the time wolves biggest problem looks like depth, they've lost 2 or 3 from the defence (I say lost but vinagre wasn't there last season anyway) and their midfield was always paper thin 

Our squad looks miles better than theirs 

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Strange low key end for what is club legend. He joined them when they were mid table in championship of course (hopefully Emi can have some achievements like this when he eventually leaves).

He was a bit of a liability last season but would've thought they'd have announced him leaving end of last season and he'd have got big ovation in last game.

Guess Leicester will buy another keeper but they could do worse than give Danny Ward a go, he's waited long enough as number two.

Worse places to live plus Nice have a rich owner and the manager we should have in Lucien Favre

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Mendes says jump, Wolves ask how high 

Ah yes. Correct.

A few moves around generate more money than a player quietly developing and becoming a PL player in the background.

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

West Ham going for Zielinski now. Kostic looking likely too. Missing out on Lingard is a blessing. 

They must be sacking Moyes by signing all these attackers

Benrahama will probably be sold or put out on season loan, remember all the fawning about him a couple of years ago?

Wonder if Brentford will want him back. Could end up at Everton perhaps if offered on August 31st. He's not very good at prem level anyway.

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Benrahama will probably be sold or put out on season loan, remember all the fawning about him a couple of years ago?

Wonder if Brentford will want him back. Could end up at Everton perhaps if offered on August 31st. He's not very good at prem level anyway.

the uproar on here that we didnt buy him was funny, think we took Traore at the time who has offered better input than Benrahma in a lot less games

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Can't believe Tielemans is still there, seems he thought he was going to Arsenal but then they signed Zinchenko. Think he'd be a better signing for Man. United than De Jong.

Tielemans (like many players) is running his contract down and will probably go on a free next summer as a squad player for the likes of Liverpool, Bayern etc.

If he's on a free next summer at 25 years old he will get 200k+ per week +. With no fee it amortises great for the club who sign him and he gets double his worth salary-wise. At 28/29 they can sell him and recoup most if not all the wages.

For us, Kamara, if we pay him 180k a week for 3 years then sell him for 40million we've actually made a profit on his total services including wages.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think that's a touch on the harsh side. What he's been is inconsistent, more than 'not very good'. I've seen several games where he's had a big impact, and several where he's done nothing. But I would say he'd be a good signing for a side who were likely to be in a relegation battle, he's better than eg El Ghazi who we've also talked about for that sort of role before.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Still rather we had him than Traore even if his stats are better

I'd be very surprised if Kostic ended up at West Ham but if they get him fair play they are really going for it. Quite a few teams are this season. It could be a very competitive season for those last European places.

Are people taking the piss re: Benrahma? He's always looked good for them when he's played. They're just quite strong in the wide positions so he's spent lots of time on the bench.

If SG played with true wingers I'd have him here in a heartbeat, would be another waste though 

Edited by est1874

Â