Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its OK, Red Bull Leipzig will probably be in the same courtroom looking for the Augustin money 😛 

Who?

Never heard of him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

They should have been booted from domestic leagues. All of them.

Too late now, they'll get people with brains to manage it for them now it's out. It was a load of clueless execs with a threat and no practical thinking before.

In the case of Barca and Real, they probably won't get competent managers of their finances. AIUI they have a system of club presidents who get elected by making absurd spending promises, which presumably isn't helping.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

would be uproar on here if we signed a defender of Martinez height 

I get the feeling they'll play him at DM and then De Jong slots in as the 8 if they ever can get round to paying his Barca pension.

Maguire will probably be benched more often this season but ETH confirming he'll remain captain suggests he'll still start a decent amount and haven't heard any talk of Varane or Lindelof being moved on so can see Martinez being slotted into midfield. No idea if he's any good there though but could be a stop gap before some better options come on the market next summer.

The De Jong situation is utterly bizarre. I guess he’ll end up joining United but I’d love it if he just stuck it out at Barca on the ridiculous wages he’s probably on. 

Barca are an absolute mess. They need to be put under some sort of embargo before they completely implode. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The De Jong situation is utterly bizarre. I guess he’ll end up joining United but I’d love it if he just stuck it out at Barca on the ridiculous wages he’s probably on. 

Barca are an absolute mess. They need to be put under some sort of embargo before they completely implode. 

As much as I’d love that, I bet they pull out the old “super league” card and scare away la liga and uafa

actually I wonder what are the chances Barcelona will attempt to join another league like the Prem  

Edited by CarryOnVilla

Don’t Barcelona owe de Jong something like 17m euros in deferred wages?

Are they just expecting him to walk away from that? If they do force him out without paying him what he is owed based on the terms of his contract I’m going to enjoy watching Barcelona get torn apart.

6 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Don’t Barcelona owe de Jong something like 17m euros in deferred wages?

Are they just expecting him to walk away from that? If they do force him out without paying him what he is owed based on the terms of his contract I’m going to enjoy watching Barcelona get torn apart.

EmFFeSyWMAEmCU6?format=jpg&name=large

For context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAgwoLO0S-4

Edited by Tegis
  • Haha 1

Â