Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Dendoncker is much bigger and more physical than Sanson. He is also a defensive midfielder who can play as a CB also. He has also played over 100 premier league games

So there is no evidence to support you assertion Sanson is better than Dendoncker given they perform different roles in the team and one is a vastly experienced Premier League player the other isn't

Because to some on here the less Sansom plays the better he gets, happens with all players. 

My worry with him is that 2 managers have not picked him as a regular, so is he that good and is it just as above and something for fans to beat the manager with. 

Arsenal looking at Luiz for 20 mill, but won't be enough for us, although we have already said he is not for sale. I wouldn't want him to leave as I am a fan, although I don't think he is a consistent enough player for us to worry to much. Dendonker will fill his void quite easily.

1 minute ago, grobs said:

You can see why nobody wants to sign for our club. We have the most tragic set of fans. Might be an idea to get behind any new signings rather than berate them before they’ve even put the shirt on 

The key as a Villa player is to not play. Those always turn out to be legendarily good. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, grobs said:

You can see why nobody wants to sign for our club. We have the most tragic set of fans. Might be an idea to get behind any new signings rather than berate them before they’ve even put the shirt on 

Nope.

If you have proven to be not good enough, why on earth shouldn't we say so? We aren't going to boo him on his first appearance for us.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, grobs said:

I think you’ll find fans are the same. Just look at Liverpool fans outrage over Douglas Luiz yesterday.

Is Dendonker better / more suited to our needs and PL than Sanson / Nakamba etc?

We might need to look at it this way too.

Sometimes it's more about the suitability and attributes than " flash" or names 

" Pretty " players aren't what we need 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, grobs said:

He’s been rubbish for them for ages, there is no hiding that.  It’s a bizarre signing but when he’s on the pitch I’ll support 100% but there is no reason not to question the signing which beggars belief.

8 minutes ago, grobs said:

Wolves fans think he is garbage and are happy to have got a fee for him! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

See, I actually wouldn't mind Dendonker if it wasn't nailed on that McGinn was starting.

Because it won't be McGinn who makes way, it will be another midfielder who should be playing 🤦🏿‍♂️

Say if we lined up with 

Kamara | Dendonker | Luiz ( Or even JJ ) it wouldn't be so bad, but we already know that's not what will happen ffs.

that would be the correct/perfect, balanced midfield 3 imo.

Or if we managed to get rid of the pound shop Klopp, we could do that, or a double pivot of Dendonker/Kamara or Kamara/Luiz, or any variation, much more balanced in a 4231.