Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

🚨 SPECIAL 🚨

Fenerbahce signed Marseille's 26-year-old Croatian defender Duja Caleta-Car € for 6.5M testimonial + bonuses. #TeamOM #MercatOM #OM #Mercato #AVFC

👌 One of the few defenders in the world who use both feet...

Szalai on the move to us then maybe? 

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

🚨 SPECIAL 🚨

Fenerbahce signed Marseille's 26-year-old Croatian defender Duja Caleta-Car € for 6.5M testimonial + bonuses. #TeamOM #MercatOM #OM #Mercato #AVFC

Possibly, I'm actually slightly dissappointed re Caleta Car, based on nothing more than him being two footed and seemingly excellent with the ball.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

I don’t know why Paul McGrath gets wheeled out every time a signing is questioned. The same happened with Coutinho. He was a rare success story. Chances are you buy a player that has had a tough time of it either because of poor form, injury, alcoholism or age then they are also going to be shit for your club too. 

I didn’t know Paul McGrath was always wheeled out. Is the aging journeyman Peter Withe replacing £1.5m hero Andy Gray also wheeled out or Ken McNaught who initially took months to settle in? Most of our successful players probably would have had their detractors at some point. Even Ron Saunders would probably have been greeted with overwhelming apathy these days. 

People used to gain what knowledge they had of incoming players by a quick glance in the papers or what they’d heard in the pub from the mate of his brother in law’s postman. Now we have experts who spend hours googling spurious reports by largely uninformed “journalists”. This information is then either treated as fact or bullshit depending on the posters own opinion. I know it’s the way of the world and I’m as guilty as the next man of being a Google addict. What I’m saying is we don’t really know how a player will turn out until they arrive. Good players can flop and players who have flopped at their previous clubs can be rejuvenated at a new club. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

🚨 SPECIAL 🚨

Szalai will end up at Newcastle or West Ham and prove to be shit hot.

Or, he will sign for us and prove to be shit.

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Insert X players' name here will end up at Newcastle or West Ham and prove to be shit hot.

Or, he will sign for us and prove to be shit.

This is the mentality of 95% of our fan base when things aren't going well and the transfer window is still open. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Have you seen United's scouting this season? Its horrendous. And that's from one of the biggest clubs in the world.

My gut feeling is that the scouts themselves are good at their job. But its the upper management who decide what players to buy who are choosing against the scouts recommendation.

I think this theory has a ring of truth about it.

Maybe some managers are more risk averse than others.

Take Graham Potter for example he probably would be happier than SG to take a risk on unknown CB.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Without beating a dead horse.

Have you noticed there is a trend where alot of these new signings in the League, are big, powerful players, to add to already bigger teams?.

Meanwhile we are often linked to midgets, to add to an already small team.

Obviously links are purely the that but our size and strength is such a glaring issue, and has been for time!

Yes Gerrard thinks he is managing 90's Barca. We lack pace, height and strength (especially in midfield and forward areas). 

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Without beating a dead horse.

Have you noticed there is a trend where alot of these new signings in the League, are big, powerful players, to add to already bigger teams?.

Meanwhile we are often linked to midgets, to add to an already small team.

Obviously links are purely the that but our size and strength is such a glaring issue, and has been for time!

8 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Yes Gerrard thinks he is managing 90's Barca. We lack pace, height and strength (especially in midfield and forward areas). 

spacer.png