Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Bednarek is not a better player than Konsa.

He is a big lad that can head it though. And we don't seem to be able to clear the ball from a corner.

Wouldn't have him much ahead of Hause at all to be honest.

And he's been starting for Southampton? Very strange situation IMO.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

He is a big lad that can head it though. And we don't seem to be able to clear the ball from a corner.

Bednarek for me makes no sense and again things seem to be strange at the moment from the club. Talking to Southampton fans they said he is slow and makes bad decisions.............Ok now i see lol (Sorry just so many negative from fans at the moment)

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm wondering if it's more a case of Hause wanted to go, for his own career, more than us wanting him to go.

Based on the descriptions of what Bednarek is meant to be good at, and stats, I did wonder if it was much of an improvement ( If any ) on Hause.

But I really don't know much about him aside from seems he used to score quite a bit a couple of years ago. ( FPL )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I could never see Hause getting 132 games for a mid - lower table Premier league team. Ever. 

I can.

Been very capable last few seasons when called upon.

Absolutely 100% a better CB than Chambers who is OK for a back-up.

• Confused 1

Not sure why people keep referencing Southampton fans' opinion of Benarek, from what I've seen it's not as if they all think he's rubbish like some on here are trying make out anyway, a lot see him as a decent enough Premier League defender that can do a job but is suffering from the system that their manager employs, Salisu's has also apparently been made to look bad because of it as well, not so long back people on here were calling for us to sign him.

Also fans are more likely to say bad things about a player when it looks like that player is leaving.

And you can't really trust fans' opinons of players on online forums anyway, you only have to look at this forum to see that, imagine if a team was linked to Jacob Ramsey and a fan didn't know anything about him and came on here to see what Villa fans opionion of him were, reading some of the things that get written on here about him a curious reader would be liable think he's a load of rubbish, but that's obvously not true, and it's not just Jacob Ramsey, many of our players have received way more criticism than they actually deserve, Watkins, Mings, are others who if you go by what people have said on here in the recent past then you would think they're not very good at all, which again doesn't paint a true picture, and that's probably the case with Southampton fans on their forum and Benarek.

• Like 1

Can't be as bad as some Southampton fans make out, Leicester and West Ham wanted him too, they usually have pretty good recruitment, so that has to count for something, not saying he would be an amazing signing nothing of the sort, but doesn't exactly seem a bad signing either, might not be an improvement or as good as Carlos, but our defensive options will be stronger than they were last season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Hause better than Chambers??

IMO yes. As a CB.

Chambers is a handy squad player who can also play RB and DM.

Starting in the PL, I'd definitely have Hause ahead of him.

7 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

So many things to fix. As a team we lack height and pace - add that to a midfield that can’t pass and a starting striker that can’t finish and you wonder how we even make lower mid table 😅

Bednarek addresses the height issue - him and Mings will atleast be able to  repel the more physical teams when needed.

Plan B is that the players don't wash for a week.  That should repel a fair few teams. 

Edited by Made In Aston

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm wondering if it's more a case of Hause wanted to go, for his own career, more than us wanting him to go.

Based on the descriptions of what Bednarek is meant to be good at, and stats, I did wonder if it was much of an improvement ( If any ) on Hause.

But I really don't know much about him aside from seems he used to score quite a bit a couple of years ago. ( FPL )

Hause signed a new contract around March

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hause signed a new contract around March

I know, but he probably got hope that he would get more playing time.

Whereas we probably did it to try and get a fee.

So a fail both way in a sense as he's now gone on loan, unless he does Great on loan and a club decide to stump up money for him.

The stats most show him to be a more than capable First team/ squad player. The profile of the  signing  doesn’t adversely affect Swinkels, Bogarde, Smith or Feeney prospects either… 

• Like 1