Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

54 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

If he signs I for one will support him. I want every Villa player to do well.

But I don’t rate him and would prefer to give Feeney his shot over this guy. A loan is acceptable but if we pay money for this guy I would seriously question the transfer strategy.

That's fair enough, if he signs then he has my support. 

Sometimes players need a change and the right team around them to get. Better, this could be 1 of them for me. 

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Whoever comes in is effectively cover for Hause.

I'm pretty sure Mings and Konsa were the first choice pairing when we kept 16 clean sheets two years ago and in the team last season that was comfortably away from relegation. I can't see how signing bednarek would suddenly cause Mings and Konsa to become massively worse than they currently are and send us spiralling into relegation. 

Your implying that Konsa is still the same as he was two years ago.

He has regressed and is our worst defender by a wide margin.

We need someone who is an upgrade not a sidegrade or downgrade and Bednarek is not the answer.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Exactly!  Gerrard needs to get more out of the squad but our business in the market this summer is not reflective of the clubs stated ambitions.

Yet … you can spin it two ways. You can think  the club are content and happy with the squad and the purse strings have been tightened.

Or.

You can look it another way and that the level of players  we are targeting means it will be very difficult and. We won’t settle for second best. Nothing the club has done make me think they are not frantically trying to secure our main targets quietly in the background. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Whoever comes in is effectively cover for Hause.

If Bednarek comes, he’s not coming from game time at Southampton to sitting on our bench in a World Cup year.  He’ll be getting reassurances from Gerrard he’ll get plenty of game time ie starting a lot, otherwise can you see him coming and potentially risking his WC place? Nope

49 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

Villa are trimming down spending to get within UEFA rules for our UCL push in 2057.

But UEFA rules only effect certain teams, just look at Barca. Billions in debt but still spending like its going out of fashion, while at same time not paying what they owe to other teams and some of there current players. 

So I believe UEFA rules mean nothing and if they try to use them against any team then if I was them I'd bring up Barca as an example of 1 rule for 1 and 1 for the rest. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Yet … you can spin it two ways. You can think  the club are content and happy with the squad and the purse strings have been tightened.

Or.

You can look it another way and that the level of players  we are targeting means it will be very difficult and. We won’t settle for second best. Nothing the club has done make me think they are not frantically trying to secure our main targets quietly in the background. 

I think it’s the second one but at the same time we aren’t in the elite teams so we must have a couple of players on the list in several positions and since signing Carlos at the beginning of June, so three months, we haven’t signed a impactful player.  I understand your point and I get it but I think it’s an easy excuse if we don’t sign anybody.  I’m not a fan of Gerrard but it’s tying one of his hands behind his back with some of the holes in the squad and it’s another season wasted and teams around us move away and big teams running away.

• Like 2

Just now, StewieGriffin said:

Window shuts on Thursday night, and Monday is a bank holiday so only a couple of days to get stuff done now

Do you really think the clubs will stop for the  bank holiday - we have 6 days … Leicester have  signed no one ! But will probs end up with 3/4 good players…. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Also remember Tarkowski/ Carlos?

Tarkowski was " nailed on "

Well I suppose it was nailed on in as much as Gerrard went to his house to ask him to sign for us, same as he did with Kamara. Difference is Tarkowski said no! So many moving parts in any deal…

51 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If Bednarek comes, he’s not coming from game time at Southampton to sitting on our bench in a World Cup year.  He’ll be getting reassurances from Gerrard he’ll get plenty of game time ie starting a lot, otherwise can you see him coming and potentially risking his WC place? Nope

Gerrard talks a lot of crap. He told Hause he would get game time just before he signed his new contract. Little did Kortney know it would be 12 months later on loan to Watford! 

35 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Well I suppose it was nailed on in as much as Gerrard went to his house to ask him to sign for us, same as he did with Kamara. Difference is Tarkowski said no! So many moving parts in any deal…

Wasn't aware he rejected us to be fair. From what I've seen/heard/read, we chose to go for Carlos. Could be wrong though.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Weren't there a few tweets closer to beginning of transfer window from relatively reliable sources claiming midfield target was " very ambitious " etc?

Ah tweets I remember lots of people ate up that somebody on the twatter said after Carlos signed that we had an Argentinian, French and Brazilian international signed

The famous Gerrard pull they said 😂

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

In fairness i wouldn't believe any of the crap Gerrard says. He promised to play players on form ffs

Bluffer

• Like 2