Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Noted transfer expert of TalkSport copying the Southampton Echo about a totally invented fee for Bednarek 

I think we should blacklist Crook for this rubbish. Why on earth would we be looking to add another GK?

Just now, PerryBarrPet said:

I think we should blacklist Crook for this rubbish. Why on earth would we be looking to add another GK?

I was using an old transfer to point out that he’s not accurate when he comes to our deals so I wouldn’t read much into his recycled Bednarek claims 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Tbf that changes often!

As a Villa fan I understand this very well. I first went to Villa Park 70 years ago this September so all I can say is “hope springs eternal from the human breast.”.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Very disheartening to see Hammers sign Paqueta for £33 mil and newcastle isak for 63 million, and here we are sitting on our hands....we have a glaring midfield problem!! need to sort it ASAP

It's apparently £50.8m for Paqueta but they've only agreed a fee at this stage, nothing more. 

Isak is horribly overpriced. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Very disheartening to see Hammers sign Paqueta for £33 mil and newcastle isak for 63 million, and here we are sitting on our hands....we have a glaring midfield problem!! need to sort it ASAP

Relaaaaaax. My word some of y’all are hysterical.

9 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Paqueta was £50Million aka 60 Million Euros

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

It's apparently £50.8m for Paqueta but they've only agreed a fee at this stage, nothing more. 

Isak is horribly overpriced. 

Oh was 0.8 out

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Says more about not wanting to spend than not able to spend. If it’s true that Bednarek turned us down that may also point to uncertainty at the club. It could mean that behind the scenes we are close to a deal for another CB and Bednarek or his agent knew and so it was a face saving decision to say no to us. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Depressing…

Actual quote from Gerrard

“There’s a lot of hard work going on in the background,” Gerrard added. “We’re trying to explore one or two different situations to add to the group. There’s still time left and, when there’s something to say that’s concrete for our supporters, we’ll say and we’ll tell you that news but, at the moment, we’re not close on anything.”

• Like 2

Those Gerrard quotes look worse in the written word and out context than they do in the actual press conference, where he mentions on three or four occassions that the club are working on things behind the scenes.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, grobs said:

Just seen Gerrards comments from the presser. It genuinely looks like we will only possibly see a new cb coming in. Disgraceful window in comparison to teams we are competing with if that’s the case.

I’ve just watched his press conference. Where you get that from I’ve no idea! He is remaining tight lipped but said that we are working hard behind the scenes.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Unless the rumour of Emi breaking his hand yesterday is true (which I have no reason whatsoever to believe - just hope this isn’t the connection)