Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

while i was initially happy.......totally underwhelmed right now.

Carlos's injury obviously plays a big part in that, but hey ho!

It's a shame about Carlos TRO.

The reason that I mentioned the three players, apart from their prices and availability was because of one particular characteristic that you've often mentioned .... Strength!

Caleta Car is a very big, strong and dominant RCB.

Abdou Diallo has good strength, size and excellent technical ability.

Ben Brererton Diaz has strength, size, pace and a really cracking shot. 

We are far too weak as a collective, increasingly so with the extended absence of Diego Carlos. These signings would change the dynamic for us.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

while i was initially happy.......totally underwhelmed right now.

Carlos's injury obviously plays a big part in that, but hey ho!

Yeah we started off with so much optimism.. we could have done with that matheus nunes fella for wolves that would take out mcginn and ramsey out the starting equation, we need to so much steel to our midfield and must start Luiz and kamara together.

And just to note whether you have £200bn like Newcastle or £20bn like man city it really dont matter as there is only so much you can spend in football anyway due to caps and ffp so aslong as you have owners lets say worth £12bn and above you are pretty much the same force except for maybe the higher scale will be able to upgrade on things off the pitch such as stadiums so in that respect I wouldn’t worry too much about Newcastle… and besides Isak is nowhere near a £58m player I wouldn’t pay more than £30m for him

max you can really spend is like 300m or around that mark I believe so if you have 20 billion owners that is a couple quid and if you have 200bn that is a few pennies but you are capped at that sort of level anyway

Edited by RicRic

6 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

The reason that I mentioned the three players, apart from their prices and availability was because of one particular characteristic that you've often mentioned .... Strength!

We are far too weak as a collective, increasingly so with the extended absence of Diego Carlos. These signings would change the dynamic for us.

Music to his ears 🤣

3 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

This.

McGinn and several other players are trying too hard to out muscle and tackle players, which isn't bad but just ends in them fouling them and losing possession anyway.

Clubs just lump it over the top and there is only Mings who can win headers and often he gets too close to the attacker and loses out.

Nearly every other club has some big physical players who can win these battles, we have wee John McGinn and his angry arse and JJ who is awesome going forward but can't do anything defensively.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

We need to aim higher than diaz from blackburn  we are supposed to be aiming quite high , key word ‘supposed’ but we are failing very short of that, im no longer excited for the next fixture i feel we are not organised and majority can see and feel that… i like to give managers time but i cant see gerrard a fit for us and the stuff he has publicly come out with doesn’t sit right his character is questionable however i cant knock his determination to get things right but i dont feel he can 

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

Why are our fans even discussing the race for Europe / "best of the rest"? As if we're involved. FFS we'll be lucky to finish 14th again.

Because the club likes to talk about it and raise expectations…

And, tbf, it’s so early in the season so, if there’s somehow a recovery of sorts, there is still time to compete…

But I agree, the way we’re going we’ll just be toiling in that bottom half again 🤦‍♂️

It’s all very discouraging right now, we desperately need a boost.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Yep, I thought we shot out the blocks well this transfer window but we've fell behind pretty much everyone, further hampered by the injury to Carlos.

There… is… still… time? 🤞🤞🤞

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wouldn’t have too much issue with a loan (but I’d prefer and think we need a quality starter, we’re in the shit if Mings gets injured - the other two aren’t up to it if he isn’t in the side) but I’d be pissed off if we spent this kind of money on him when there are better options out there:

If he’s not good enough to start for Soton, he’s not good enough for us - not at that fee!

And what happens aswell when Carlos is fit again? Where is Bednerak in pecking order as he's not better than Mings that,s for sure. Spending 15m on just a guy warming the bench on decent wages who we then can't shift bar season loan, very similar to Leicester at the moment with Vestegaard, they'll probably offer us him on loan in next few days.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Why are our fans even discussing the race for Europe / "best of the rest"? As if we're involved. FFS we'll be lucky to finish 14th again.

because thats what the club are aiming for

34 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Agreed. Only at Villa can optimism turn to pessimism in record time. Carlos is a huge blow and maybe a few of us were guilty of thinking Coutinho might not look as ineffective as he has done because we loved the thought of him having a whole season of what we saw those first few weeks in January.

We need a gamechanger at number 8 or I do worry for us this season. 

I thought Buendia, was that player....we have a few, who could play that role, but with modest conviction.

I like Buendia, but for C £33 mill..... was that value, I am not sure.....but is it all his fault, playing in an .......in and out team.

I think the big problem is getting them all to play together and thus, raising their indiviual profile as by a team effort.....The blend is iffy.

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

I thought Buendia, was that player....we have a few, who could play that role, but with modest conviction.

I like Buendia, but for C £33 mill..... was that value, I am not sure.....but is it all his fault, playing in an .......in and out team.

I think the big problem is getting them all to play together and thus, raising their indiviual profile as by a team effort.....The blend is iffy.

Buendia is magnificent, we need to build the team around him.

Unfortunately, the manager favours Coutinho over him (due to previous relationship) and hasn’t given Emi enough regular game time. He must be a mainstay and key component.

I’d love to see us get both in the side while being solid tbh.

In Emi, we are genuinely talking about one of the most creative players in this country, that’s not an exaggeration… he is that good and is only going to get better… his accuracy and weight of pass are supreme…

We’ve always agreed on the fact that our midfield is too weak and lightweight. But it’s poor on the ball, in possession too. Playing both JJ and McGinn is to our detriment and the stats are backing that up too.

We need that dominant and imposing presence in midfield that can make us better with the ball, we need to be able to retain it with ease and relieve pressure and allow our attacking players to thrive. Someone to aid Kamara rather than hinder him and leave him isolated…

I’m also not a fan of emphasising our full backs getting forward so much, I’d prefer that they prioritised defending and wouldn’t have to be covered for so much.

The manager sees it differently though…

Edited by Jas10

12 minutes ago, grobs said:

Seems like benderek is happening. Think it’s a decent signing 

it's a rubbish signing, I'm sorry but I've seen him play and he'd be lucky to be ahead of Hause if Hause was still here.  He's not a starter based on the defenders we have at the moment and that's saying something but no way is he coming here in World Cup year to sit on the bench, he'll be a starter and that is messed up because he's not good enough ahead of the other defenders and that' saying something.  Poor poor signing if it happens.

• Like 1