Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, duke313 said:

Just shows the outlay you need to spend to get a striker in that bracket.  Arsenal spent £45m on Jesus, Spurs £50m for Richarlison.  If we want a striker in that range we'll need to smash our trasnfer record.

Exactly, I said at the beginning if we want a striker that’s better than we got we have to spend 50+. Also some of the strikers around aren’t exactly the greatest, it might be the hardest position to fill in football currently 

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

I don't know who this is or what position he plays, but saw some random discussion elsewhere that we are trying for someone called Nelsson.

Centre back we are always linked to. Danish but plays in Turkey

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Just shows the outlay you need to spend to get a striker in that bracket.  Arsenal spent £45m on Jesus, Spurs £50m for Richarlison.  If we want a striker in that range we'll need to smash our trasnfer record.

60m for Isak makes 45m for Jesus look really, really cheap.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Quite a big fee for a guy that bagged 6 goals last season, that’s not to say he’s shit or anything he’s obviously got big potential still.

As a Swede, I don't really get the fee to be honest. 

I haven't been following Isak, I know heuhad some decent games for the national team, but my initial reaction when hearing the money was 'wtf?'. 

He's kinda' slender too, but as I said, I haven't really paid much attention to him for quite some time. 

In any case, Newcastle will soon fight for all the trophies in existence, so no point in comparing ourselves to them.

They will begin to outdistance the middle and lower table pack quite soon, then they'll slowly start gaining on the top. 

Bad for the game, good for Newcastle fans. 

Top 6-7 on a regular basis will require a herculean effort for the likes of us.

• Thanks 1

Can't say I was ever all that impressed with Joao Pedro when I watched Watford, or Dennis for that matter, that doesn't mean to say Pedro is a bad player, but I didn't realize how young he was, so time to get better, but seems some are going over the top with what a good signing he is for them, seems like every signing Newcastle make gets overhyped at the moment, the idea of Dan Ashworth being some sort of transfer guru is probably playing into that, even when they're linked to a player but don't get that player they then get praised for being 'sensible'.

Isak seems like it might be a good signing though, I don't know about his goal record, but watched him for Sweden and you could tell he had something very brilliant about him, if we made that signing I would be thinking 'yipee'.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Exactly, I said at the beginning if we want a striker that’s better than we got we have to spend 50+. Also some of the strikers around aren’t exactly the greatest, it might be the hardest position to fill in football currently 

Holy shit, I just realized Isak is more expensive than Jesus. 

Either a genius move by Arsenal or Newcastle just got mugged.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, daft said:

Holy shit, I just realized Isak is more expensive than Jesus. 

Either a genius move by Arsenal or Newcastle just got mugged.

Newcastle just being taken for a ride, Sociedad had no reason to sell so will take an offer over and above, Jesus was surplus to requirements so City took a lower fee.

• Like 1