Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Get a new CM/DCM in and Gerrard would probably move Kamara to CB and still keep playing McGinn & Ramsey together so we'd have the same issues :D 

thats such a sickeningly terrible idea........i almost believe it.

What a s*** show.

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

As others have noted across threads, I'm starting to get ManUtd and Everton vibes with our transfers. 

We are in for a rough few years. Here's how I see it playing out based on villa being villa:

Panic now and let Gerrard spend and waste more money to try and paper over the cracks and save his job. 

Gerrard is sacked this season. New manager comes in, with a different tactical plan. At least half the team is deemed no longer wanted.

Struggle to stay in league with new manager stating the players don't fit his"system"

Struggle to sell these players due to the insane wages we are paying them. Loan half of them out while paying their wages to financially poor leagues such as Turkey.

Next summer blow out finance load again on buying a whole new team for new manager.

Repeat.

3 minutes ago, STO said:

Meant to add, I think we need Ndidi more, if we are in for any Leicester players. 

Yeah we need a strong athlete in there, tired of these little pretty weaklings ffs 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

We are in for a rough few years. Here's how I see it playing out based on villa being villa:

Panic now and let Gerrard spend and waste more money to try and paper over the cracks and save his job. 

Gerrard is sacked this season. New manager comes in, with a different tactical plan. At least half the team is deemed no longer wanted.

Struggle to stay in league with new manager stating the players don't fit his"system"

Struggle to sell these players due to the insane wages we are paying them. Loan half of them out while paying their wages to financially poor leagues such as Turkey.

Next summer blow out finance load again on buying a whole new team for new manager.

Repeat.

This is why I am surprised by the strategy this window and January to some extent. I thought we would be moving to sign players that can be part of a ‘system’ and bringing in new managers should be seamless. Doesn’t appear to be working out that way. It’s more like we are going for those with the most Insta followers to increase our profile over actually playing some football. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Thoughts on Boubakary Soumare? Difficult & anonymous season at Leicester but was a player highly coveted and one poor season doesn’t define a player. Right fee could be worth looking at on loan to buy perhaps. 

I've got a feeling we're working on something big for the central midfield positon, I wouldn't be surprised if whoever we bring in we have to break our transfer record to do so. I think for sure we will do someting in that area, so it's going to be interesting to see exactly what happens.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Tayls said:

This is why I am surprised by the strategy this window and January to some extent. I thought we would be moving to sign players that can be part of a ‘system’ and bringing in new managers should be seamless. Doesn’t appear to be working out that way. It’s more like we are going for those with the most Insta followers to increase our profile over actually playing some football. 

Your posts are getting more delusional & outlandish for cheap likes imo … Signing players based on Insta  followers geez😂😂😂 whatever next?? 

Explain to me how Kamara, Sarr (poss?) Diego Carlos, A back up loan international LB & International back up #2 GK doesn’t  fit part of a system ? 

• Like 1