Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok, but what's the point of the loan from his point of view. Or Chelsea's? He's being loaned because they want him to play and get better. I don't see why we'd bring him here if he's not nailed on to start. 

He is a ball playing CB so he fills the gap of losing Carlos and would be a starter for us for sure. He's quality 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok, but what's the point of the loan from his point of view. Or Chelsea's? He's being loaned because they want him to play and get better. I don't see why we'd bring him here if he's not nailed on to start. 

we're not going to buy anyone nailed on to start at this stage of the window

we just need a decent CB to challenge konsa

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Any links with Chalobah or is it just wishful thinking? 

Some ESPN dude has linked us but no idea re reliability. I think it just seems an easy one to speculate as Ornstein is saying he is available for loan and we have a medium term gap to fill. 

• Like 2

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Some ESPN dude has linked us but no idea re reliability. I think it just seems an easy one to speculate as Ornstein is saying he is available for loan and we have a medium term gap to fill. 

That and with Chelsea looking like they’ll get Fofana it’ll push Chalobah further down the lineup.

It's tight, but I'm slightly swaying towards Chalobah for some reason. I know we are essentially developing a PL rival's young player, but there is still every bit of a chance that next year if he does well we could get him on a permanent deal. Chelsea will likely spend on names to cover his position anyway. However, I am also fine with Caleta-Car too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

we're not going to buy anyone nailed on to start at this stage of the window

we just need a decent CB to challenge konsa

Chambers? Hause (when fit)? Feeney? 

I don’t think we need to go and panic buy another CD, we have cover, it just wasn’t in the plan that it would be needed so soon into the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don’t think we need to go and panic buy another CD, we have cover, it just wasn’t in the plan that it would be needed so soon into the season.

chambers is good enough, agree. hause is on the way to watford and feeney is a kid. CB is a position so under the microscope i wouldn't want to put that sort of pressure on the guy if we were in the position that we had to use him. i think we need 4 senior CBs IMO

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If we end up in a position where Feeney has to start, then we are in serious trouble.