Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

This is easily disproved by looking at the fbref stats for those players. So I won't even bother

I watch the football, not the numbers ..... you should try it 😉 !!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

I watch the football, not the numbers ..... you should try it 😉 !!!

I love then "I watch football" retort. Basing your opinion of Carlos based on 2 or 3 games at Villa while ignoring the career he's had prior to then. 

Best of luck in there in the 1980s. Hope you have fun

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

I love then "I watch football" retort. Basing your opinion of Carlos based on 2 or 3 games at Villa while ignoring the career he's had prior to then. 

Best of luck in there in the 1980s. Hope you have fun

I love that crowd. Always a good laugh.

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

De Vrij is starting CB at Inter. Can't see him moving to us

That's true, I'm guessing Inter still play a back 3 of Skrinnar, De Vrij and Bastoni? It probably wouldn't be realistic since Inter are also selling that highly rated Italian CB that Chelsea want

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

That's true, I'm guessing Inter still play a back 3 of Skrinnar, De Vrij and Bastoni? It probably wouldn't be realistic since Inter are also selling that highly rated Italian CB that Chelsea want

They signed Bremer too who won defender of the season in Serie A

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They signed Bremer too who won defender of the season in Serie A

I completely forgot they signed Bremer as well, got him for a decent fee as well.

@rbcuk helped me realised it was Juve not inter 😳

Edited by Rustibrooks

Chelsea might give us a loan deal, they can't play all of their new signings and all of their existing players. We could even have offered Coady a season loan if the injury had happened a week earlier. Who can we now  get? I hope the club have a couple of options in mind. 

20 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I completely forgot they signed Bremer as well, got him for a decent fee as well.

@rbcuk helped me realised it was Juve not inter 😳

My bad i always mix them up too.. He was very heavily linked to Inter

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, John said:

Chelsea might give us a loan deal, they can't play all of their new signings and all of their existing players. We could even have offered Coady a season loan if the injury had happened a week earlier. Who can we now  get? I hope the club have a couple of options in mind. 

Well you’d think all the research they did before signing Carlos will be looked at again.  It’s not like the search is starting from scratch, just Carlos and a few others who have been brought by other clubs will be crossed off the list.

• Like 1

NDicka would not join us.

De Vrij massive wages.

Soyuncu not good enough.

Not sure on the others but I highly doubt we'd be going after anyone in that situation due to wages alone.

Better off getting a loan for a season like Trevor Chalobah. Not greatest option but could be viable with option to buy and won't break our budget which is needed in midfield.

Listened to some of the " For the Love of Paul McGrath " podcast, regarding replacements for Diego.

As usual, he does a very good job of presenting information and stats as well.

Had to turn off but there are some VERY good free agent options available.

So far he mentions:

- John Brooks - 31 year old American Left Footed CB , 6 ft 3 released from Wolfsberg ( Not released due to being shite, just never wanted to sign a new contract apparently )

- Dan Axel - Zagadou - 23 years old, 6 ft 5 A monster of an athlete, released from Dortmund, due to worry about injuries ( Ironic I know ) but still very young and has a very high ceiling. I actually remember always signing him for us on FM. Left footed and also very adept at LB and LCB, as well as DCM!

- Jason Denayor - Already mentioned and discussed in the thread. Right footer who plays on the left, similar to Carlos.

Personally, I absolutely love the sound/look of Zagadou!

He did this with an emphasis on players capable as LEFT Footers, with one eye on Hause potentially going to Watford, and the fact that we have more RCB backup.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, John said:

Coady is dire in a 2 man centre back partnership that's why Wolves let him go.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Listened to some of the " For the Love of Paul McGrath " podcast, regarding replacements for Diego.

As usual, he does a very good job of presenting information and stats as well.

Had to turn off but there are some VERY good free agent options available.

So far he mentions:

- John Brooks - 31 year old American Left Footed CB , 6 ft 3 released from Wolfsberg ( Not released due to being shite, just never wanted to sign a new contract apparently )

- Dan Axel - Zagadou - 23 years old, 6 ft 5 A monster of an athlete, released from Dortmund, due to worry about injuries ( Ironic I know ) but still very young and has a very high ceiling. I actually remember always signing him for us on FM. Left footed and also very adept at LB and LCB, as well as DCM!

- Jason Denayor - Already mentioned and discussed in the thread. Right footer who plays on the left, similar to Carlos.

Personally, I absolutely love the sound/look of Zagadou!

He did this with an emphasis on players capable as LEFT Footers, with one eye on Hause potentially going to Watford, and the fact that we have more RCB backup.

I'm sure years ago we were linked with John Brooks, I think when we were under Lambert? 

Zagadou is an interesting case, I was told he weren't actually that good so that's why he's still not been picked up. I guess the injuries make more sense to be fair, I wonder if that's behind him now or not?