Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

We need to go out and sign a top quality defender like Diego Carlos now to replace him for what’s likely going to be the season. 

The big problem is that’s very difficult and unfortunately I expect very unlikely this window so we’re just back to where we ended last season. 

Yeah this is a difficult one to find a replacement this late. It's absolutely critical we sign a replacement. The two biggest problem areas last season were CDM and CB for the ball playing players we need. We now have that gaping hole right back in the team at CB. Absolute disaster. 

You can safely sum up our season based on next two weeks and who we sign. If we can get in a CB who is straight into first team as replacement for Carlos then we've a chance of playing the way we need to from the back. 

22 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We might see Feeney get some games worst case scenario 

I mean, he's a BIG kid, let's get him with Carlos strength and conditioning coach and see what happens 😎

This is horrible for Carlos, but sometimes the " next big thing " gets an opportunity via casualty like this.

Just now, CVByrne said:

Yeah this is a difficult one to find a replacement this late. It's absolutely critical we sign a replacement. The two biggest problem areas last season were CDM and CB for the ball playing players we need. We now have that gaping hole right back in the team at CB. Absolute disaster. 

You can safely sum up our season based on next two weeks and who we sign. If we can get in a CB who is straight into first team as replacement for Carlos then we've a chance of playing the way we need to from the back. 

I feel like we might sign one but won’t be anywhere near the quality of DC and more of a stopgap who isn’t really much of an improvement on what we have left. 

Obviously the club can’t do much about the injury severity but this makes the window feel really quite bad now. Our only difference in a team that finished 14th is Kamara. 

If we do bring someone in they will need to be an upgrade on what we already have and not someone to just make up the numbers.

Seen calls for Maxence Lacroix. That kid looks like a beast. 6’3 and super quick and can actually play.

Cue a 3-year deal for Jamie Carragher.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I mean, he's a BIG kid, let's get him with Carlos strength and conditioning coach and see what happens 😎

This is horrible for Carlos, but sometimes the " next big thing " gets an opportunity via casualty like this.

I think Feeney has a great future but we cannot afford to overplay him so early in his development. If possible perhaps take a loan for 6 or 12 months.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Never heard of Lacroix but looking at age and experience already I’m guessing he won’t be cheap?   

£30 to £40m I would guess, he's highly rated, young with 3 years left on his contract.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we do bring someone in they will need to be an upgrade on what we already have and not someone to just make up the numbers.

Seen calls for Maxence Lacroix. That kid looks like a beast. 6’3 and super quick and can actually play.

Cue a 3-year deal for Jamie Carragher.

I think we need a statement - and I don’t think they rate Konsa and I wouldn’t have much faith in him. If we are selling Hause that’s two slots open. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Never heard of Lacroix but looking at age and experience already I’m guessing he won’t be cheap?   

Yeah mate when we were linked, a few of the pods did break downs and comparison of his stats and they were outstanding.

Plus the obligatory YouTube videos, I was actually hoping we would sign him before i knew anything about Carlos.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

It’s too difficult to get a top defender now as teams have finished preparing for their season.  Any signing that takes a teams first team player will come with a massive premium. 

It’s either that or a player currently down the pecking order. E.g. Rob Holding.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s too difficult to get a top defender now as teams have finished preparing for their season.  Any signing that takes a teams first team player will come with a massive premium. 

It’s either that or a player currently down the pecking order. E.g. Rob Holding.

Is Rob Holding any better than Chambers or Konsa?  Seems like we would just be adding numbers rather than improving the quality of the starting XI.

We either get a someone like Deneyer or Holding to tide us over with numbers until Carlos is back, or go big with a statement signing.

Just now, duke313 said:

Is Rob Holding any better than Chambers or Konsa?  Seems like we would just be adding numbers rather than improving the quality of the starting XI.

We either get a someone like Deneyer or Holding to tide us over with numbers until Carlos is back, or go big with a statement signing.

I think he is better than them both but not massive improvement.  

Big statement signing at this stage of the window will cost a hell of a lot more than it would have a few months ago.   I can’t see it happening and I reckon club will just have to look at finding cover.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he is better than them both but not massive improvement.  

Big statement signing at this stage of the window will cost a hell of a lot more than it would have a few months ago.   I can’t see it happening and I reckon club will just have to look at finding cover.

I reckon we could still get value in Spain this late in the window, a lot of Spanish clubs still can't register some players and will need to offload.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If we are going to add someone like Holding I think we have enough in the 4 centre backs we have and the kids coming through. 

If we are going to spend money it needs to be an improvement on Mings/ Konsa! 

People need to manage their expectations with who we get in. Anyone of clear first team quality is basically unavailable now as most teams are sorted. So if we end up getting an uninspiring backup, the shouts of "We have no ambition, the owners have given up" need to shut up in this case.

Unless we pay £85m plus for someone, which we can't afford, it won't be a headline signing. 

Maybe a loan from a team with better depth, such as arsenal for example.

• Like 1