Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

18 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

That's what you think 😏

Can’t be taken seriously after the Bentancur slating… what an excellent signing he was for Spurs and would have been for us. Best not to be misled by fan comments, especially when it’s a player from a top team where standards are a lot higher too. Meanwhile, we’re struggling to even finish in the top half of the PL.

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

@CarryOnVilla you need to make this a twitter story mate, to wind up the blue noses.

Aston Villa CEO Christian Purslow has said in a recent interview:

"It is fitting to retire Carney's number in recognition of his qualities, in the hope that the gesture can inspire the next generation of Villa Park talent.

In such a remarkably short space of time, Carney had become and iconic figure at our club, showing what can be achieved through talent, hard work and dedication.

His caring, humble and engaging off the field demeanour has also made him such an impressive role model.

The [insert shirt number here] has become synonymous with Carney, his rise to the first team aged just 18, and as such the club has decided it would be fitting to retire this number, to remember one of our own, and to inspire others"

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886lzeyft5yx34x5icyb3

I rather not want the rest of the world to think we are like them 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

but I'd say the gulf between bottom half of the Prem and top 8 is wider than 15th in the Championship to where we are. At times I look at the squad and think we're finally packed with talent and now starting to get proper depth too but it's a big ask us getting 7th or 8th.

Who are those top 8? Top 6 I understand, that’s the big rich clubs. But the remaining two?

Last season Wolves were 8th, most people seem to believe they’ll finish bottom half this season. Are Newcastle a top 8 club now? Leicester despite losing all their players?

I see a gulf between the 6 big clubs and the rest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Is Sangare this years Daichi Kamada? 

See him mentioned in here a lot Sangare. No one mentions Kamada now lol 

I haven’t got a clue who he is but I liked the 2 min vid with 1 minute of him being subbed on in slow motion, walking around looking serious or celebrating with his team mates to Calm Down by G Eazy.

Looks a good talent.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Who are those top 8? Top 6 I understand, that’s the big rich clubs. But the remaining two?

Last season Wolves were 8th, most people seem to believe they’ll finish bottom half this season. Are Newcastle a top 8 club now? Leicester despite losing all their players?

I see a gulf between the 6 big clubs and the rest.

The Sky 6 + West Ham will be 1-7.

Breaking the Top 8 means over taking all of Brighton, Wolves, Leicester and Newcastle..

Obviously as we finished 14th we also need to overcome Palace and Brentford to get there.

Not sure I agree with romavillan on the gulf between Top 8 and bottom half, say 11th. Solid investment, clear plan and a strong mentality and can easily be a shift around between 14th and 8th

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

What transfer window was Kamada linked,don't remember the name that all on here compared to other players. That name actually reminds me of that Japanese player we wanted in Lambert era, think he actually went to Sevilla a season later but didn't last long and was soon off back home to Japan. Kioyote?

Don't think he was linked, some people just really wanted him here.

6 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Fikayo Tomori is another name for you and there are more. The better youth players do get a chance at Chelsea and Chelsea has a demonstrable path to a successful career for these players

They are last or second last to man city when it comes to this end of … the amount of youth that have come through there but not actually given a proper chance and sent elsewhere is insane … everyone knows this so lets stop giving them praise for something they lack 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

They are last or second last to man city when it comes to this end of … the amount of youth that have come through there but not actually given a proper chance and sent elsewhere is insane … everyone knows this so lets stop giving them praise for something they lack 

They have a big funnel, it reduces risk, sensible business strategy. That doesn't mean that they don't have a very healthy flow of youth coming through that have hugely successful careers and either play for Chelsea or make Chelsea a lot of money

55 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I'd disagree that right now, wolves, palace and newcastle are better than us. Leicester possibly but they haven't strengthened and we have. 

What's that based on exactly?

13 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Their academy is ”too big”, meaning they produce more talent than the first team can absorb. For the club it’s a nice situation, for the individual player it’s a problem.

Villa are moving in the same direction which is likely to benefit the club. The difficult part will be to convince young players that being at a large academy packed with talent is good for them personally.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Their academy is ”too big”, meaning they produce more talent than the first team can absorb. For the club it’s a nice situation, for the individual player it’s a problem.

Villa are moving in the same direction which is likely to benefit the club. The difficult part will be to convince young players that being at a large academy packed with talent is good for them personally.

The bottom line is this , they are no better than any team in this league for giving sufficient amount of time for youngsters in their first team and thats my point , they have a bucket load of young talent of course that is well known

10 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

The league positions tell a different story.

There is a villa bias and hype being applied here

Ok but there is many variables to why a team finishes where they do.

The quality of the squad of players is what I am talking about. Wolves/Newcastle and Palace do not have a set of 20 players better than our 20 best players.

As for Leicester they are a declining force with nothing to spend, rapidly ageing stalwarts they have heavily relied upon, and are now being picked apart with Forfana, Tielimans and Maddison. 

I wouldn't even argue west ham currently have a group of 20 players better than ours.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Good luck to the lad. Will be a regret in 5 years or so like Gary Cahill as he would have stayed if could play

This is one we will regret for years

what bollox.  he wasn't going to stay.  he never was.  he's a ballbag and he can eff himself.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

£20m for a youth player that has barely played 300 minutes of Premier League football for us is an absolutely incredible piece of business.

Let's hope we re-invest this in another CM as soon as possible.

I have only just seen this news. You are correct 20 million for a youth player with a year left on his deal is amazing.

He may turn out to be the next big thing, but he hasn't showed it in a Villa shirt yet and doesn't want to stick around to show it in a Villa shirt after developing further.

Hopefully we can now sell another central midfielder (Sanson/Nakamba) and buy a large upgrade.

• Like 1