Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

Guardian has predicted us to finish 10th - it's the average of all their writers' predictions. I reckon we'll not be too far away from that.

Same as the majority of bookies also have us jointly at 10th in the betting so that is where we will most likely be give or take a place or two.

4 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Same as the majority of bookies also have us jointly at 10th in the betting so that is where we will most likely be give or take a place or two.

They are probably right. There are at least 10 better team as it stands 

37 minutes ago, maqroll said:

They could be fall-back signings for clubs..still weeks left in the window. AEG must have a suitor back in The Neds or Turkey and Traore in France or Turkey or Portugal..or MLS if they're willing to go. Traore would feast in MLS. Look at Carles Gil. He's an elite player in America. 

Thats great but these clubs cant afford them or the wages

Just wondering if the supercomputer predicted Leicester winning the league or Wet Spam qualifying for the Champions league? 

I know we are miles off top four but you never know, we have to dream, and hope luck goes our way for once...

• Like 1

This is where the gap widens.

A potential target we had for the first team squad that we haven't made happen. City can do it on a whim, for their 'developmental' squad which basically means buy him at £7-12m and send him on loan for 2 years until they can sell him for £20m.

And they can do it irrespective of whether they also sign Cucurella for£40m+ in the same position.

• Like 2

Slow news still, so an update on an older link - Sergio Gomez, the LB from Anderlecht we were linked to very early on in the window, is now in talks with Man City (who will not meet Brighton's valuation for Cucurella).

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

City, liverpool, chelsea, united, arsenal, spurs, west ham - who else?

Those 7 will finish ahead of us almost certainly.

Leicester, Brighton, Wolves, Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Brentford all finished ahead of us in the table.

From that second group, over both the last 6 & last 10 games, only Wolves are behind us in the form table. So we need to overcome pretty much them all.

Fortunately for us, Leicester, Wolves and Brighton are there for the taking and the ones we really should want to catch as they've all been the Golden Child of how to run a club at some point this decade. Ending their purple patches would be fantastic, doing it to them all at once would be great.

The others will be much of a muchness, we just cannot lose ground to Newcastle again.

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

How about the entirety of last season when 13 clubs finished above us? 

No not really. I don't think because Leicester, Brighton, Wolves, Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Brentford finished above us last season that they will this season.

• Thanks 1

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Over 38 Games: 14th

Last 6 Games: 14th

Last 10 Games: 18th

Since Christmas: 15th

Since Jan Window: 14th

Dean Smith: 16th

Gerrard: 9th

Anyway that it gets cut, there are around 10 teams better than us for sure. Gerrards 5 game run when he joined is the only positive of last season. 

Our transfers on paper are fantastic (including January). We need to see it pay dividends now and it's not pessimistic to say we're further behind than we want to be.

Nothing wrong admitting we have work to do to break the Top 10, let alone Top 6/8. Lots of reasons to think we can, both through our own squad improvements, player/management consistency through Pre-Season for once and perceivably weakening squads in those around us.

In your opinion.

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's all love with Sir Gary, only banter.

I battle with all levels of " targets " to be fair to myself though.

Yeah, I wasn't accusing mate. Just saw an oppportunity for a bit of fun and took it.

• Like 1