Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I know others have mentioned it, but I’m starting to come round to the idea that a move for Timo Werner could be a good thing.

Under the right manager he could be excellent. His numbers for Leipzig and the German national team are still incredible.

Played his best at Leipzig from left wing though. He isn't very good at leading the line. Poulsen did that and created the space for him

He also missed a lot of chances at Leipzig 

I’d love us to have a striker like Nkunku, not an out and out ST but more of a CF/SS hybrid that is good in and around the box and is clinical with the chances he gets. I know Nkunku has just signed an extension at Leipzig and will be off to Madrid or PSG next year but someone like that. 

As for the CM, some one with a bit of bite and can link up attack and defence to support JJ breaking forward. 

I know some of you will come back and say…..Nkunku is a CAM or winger. He’s a bit of a freak as he can play anywhere across the front 5 or 6 positions. Paqueta is similar, to a lesser degree. 

1 minute ago, Feidhlim said:

I think we all knew it but Guilbert hasn't made the bench in last two pre-season friendlies, so don't expect him to feature next season.

Chambers will be cover along with Kessler if he doesn't go on loan.

Ashley Young will probably be the back up if KKH goes on loan 

20 minutes ago, messi11 said:

New season same old midfield. Sign some players!

Agreed. Our two 8’s have been awful. Totally passed them by. Kamara has also struggled but that’s understandable. Coutinho has been poor too but a lot of that is to do with the lack of quality behind and in front of him.

We also need a forward. Ings has been awful. He actually looks disinterested. We need some pace and physicality in midfield and up front. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We have no identifiable shape, system or tactics 

We look half arsed and slow

Buying more players is not the answer... 

Steve Bruce answer to a problem

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Based on Sangare’s style of play, would he have made a difference in our midfield in the first half?

Yes... But not if we want an 8 to cover Gerrards Kamikaze Wingback plan, he's not the guy.

If we switch to a 2-man midfield behind Bailey, Coutinho and Buendia. He'd be perfect to play alongside Kamara

• Like 2

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Yes... But not if we want an 8 to cover Gerrards Kamikaze Wingback plan, he's not the guy.

If we switch to a 2-man midfield behind Bailey, Coutinho and Buendia. He'd be perfect to play alongside Kamara

Cheers for the info.

Then I really hope the links to Sangare are true and we start to play Bailey, Coutinho and Buendia behind a striker ongoing.

2 hours ago, Feidhlim said:

I think we all knew it but Guilbert hasn't made the bench in last two pre-season friendlies, so don't expect him to feature next season.

Chambers will be cover along with Kessler if he doesn't go on loan.

KKH has sealed his fate IMO.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

everytime I read people type his initials I read it as KKK and make sure i am in the right thread

Yep me too, thought it was just me

Edited by nick76