Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I'm not impressed with his passing and ball control, looks weaker than Karim El Ahmady in that aspect. Sangaré seems tall and strong, but no guarantee that he is that good defensively and copes with the tempo in the PL. If we want to move up the table I think we need a CM who is both good defensively and is a really good passer. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Tweets like this make me think we could actually be done..

Yup Business Over for Villa. Net Spend of £27 Million. Global Recession is coming 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think we need another central midfielder, Kamara for all of how promising he seems, he is still untested in the PL, and we are one injury away from having the same midfield as last season. Imo the midfield is our weak spot. 

I wouldn’t want to put too much pressure on Kamara, he’s just made his debut for France, so he must have something about him. Don’t forget about Iroegbunam and Aaron Ramsey too

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Gerrard said himself the other day we are looking to strengthen the midfield.

That tweet is basically saying nothing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Yup Business Over for Villa. Net Spend of £27 Million. Global Recession is coming 

Man City have made a profit. Sheikhs out! 

Just now, Xela said:

Gerrard said himself the other day we are looking to strengthen the midfield.

That tweet is basically saying nothing. 

I think we interpret tweets how we want to interpret them rather than looking at the bigger picture. He is without doubt the journalist with the most information on our dealings and it sounds to me like he’s saying we’re done. 

Gerrard saying we’re looking to strengthen the midfield - fine - but I don’t think we’re actively pressing any leads - certainly not until Sanson, Luiz, Traore have left etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think we interpret tweets how we want to interpret them rather than looking at the bigger picture. He is without doubt the journalist with the most information on our dealings and it sounds to me like he’s saying we’re done. 

Gerrard saying we’re looking to strengthen the midfield - fine - but I don’t think we’re actively pressing any leads - certainly not until Sanson, Luiz, Traore have left etc. 

What is his hit rate like? Did he successfully call the Kamara, Carlos and Augustinsson transfers before anyone else? If he did then fair play. 

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Collomose seems to be well connected at Villa. Does sound a lot like we could be done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bose said:

Collomose seems to be well connected at Villa. Does sound a lot like we could be done.

Yes, and I think we release information to certain journalists as and when the club wants to get a message across. I could be wrong but I feel like they’ve done that a few times in recent windows.

We’re paying the price for a few bad transfers. Bailey, Sanson and Ings are probably taking home a combined £225k a week and cost £70m. You can’t afford too many transfers that don’t work out otherwise you’re stuck, especially in the PL. There are only a handful of clubs across Europe that could offer our players anything near to what they earn here so you have to accept they’re not going to go anywhere. 

If, and it’s a big If, we can get rid of Sanson, Traore and Luiz doesn’t sign, we may see one more through before the end of the window but I certainly can’t see us signing another striker. 

We won’t qualify for Europe next season. 

• Like 1

What Collomosse tweeted and Gerrard said the other day don't necessarily contradict one another to he fair. I think Gerrard - like all of us - would like an 8 of real quality to come in and potentially take Villa up another level, but it's probably not realistic until some space in the squad is cleared up in that area of the pitch.

15 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I knew it. We're done.

But, that's ok. We have a good squad now, even if no-one else comes in. Time for Steven to show what he can do.

Good squad for what though? At the moment we are struggling for a top ten place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

What Collomosse tweeted and Gerrard said the other day don't necessarily contradict one another to he fair. I think Gerrard - like all of us - would like an 8 of real quality to come in and potentially take Villa up another level, but it's probably not realistic until some space in the squad is cleared up in that area of the pitch.

So we waste a season because we can’t get an 8 in because we have players that will never get minutes are sitting there that we can’t get rid of?

• Like 1

If we are done we are done, we have the best squad of players we have had for many a year, last year‘s big signings have not stepped up to the plate and I expect them to this year, that coupled with the new arrivals and young talent puts us in a very good position if the manager manages them properly. If that happens I predict top 8 possibly knocking door on 6th

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Good squad for what though? At the moment we are struggling for a top ten place.

These kind of comments never make sense… Transfer windows don’t win games, leagues or cups. if they did, then the season would be over 1st September..

It’s what teams do with what they got that makes the difference. We got some tidy signings, refreshed and reinvigorated players,  a new “tactical genius” and a chance to move dougie up the pitch, Things could rapidly change for Villa fortunes. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

If we are done we are done, we have the best squad of players we have had for many a year, last year‘s big signings have not stepped up to the plate and I expect them to this year, that coupled with the new arrivals and young talent puts us in a very good position if the manager manages them properly. If that happens I predict top 8 possibly knocking door on 6th

giphy.gif