Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

30 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

All those imaginary flights he takes to be close to transfers is whats done it. I think its called LapLag.

his phone bill must be incredible from all the harassment he does of agents and football clubs

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I have been told to watch the sangare situation over the next week as i have  heard from a certain football agent that he preferred a man utd move but they have moved on , and chelsea have dropped interest suddenly.

He desperately wants to play in the premier league this season and his representatives have spoken to aston villa and are due to speak to newcastle reps over the next 7 days.

I cant see it myself but it was nice hearing him being solidly linked.

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dotcomsimon said:

How many places left in the squad assuming no one leaves? Anyone know? 

at moment we have 26 senior players and Wesley probably returning very soon

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dotcomsimon said:

How many places left in the squad assuming no one leaves? Anyone know? 

We are over by about 5/6, I believe 

AEG, Davies, Hause, Steer, Sanson, Doug, and Fred need to go…

I’d personally accept if Ings went, but also chill with him staying 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

i reckon just one more signing left which will be the CM that goes into starting eleven. Archer prob won't go on loan and sanson or luiz will leave.

Interesting that arguably we only have currently a maximum on two new starters to the first eleven.  Obviously it’s more than just a starting eleven with being a squad game.  

Back to the first point in that Kamara definitely comes straight into the first XI and Carlos should edge Konsa when fit for the right CB position but that’ll be a good contest.  

It means at least 8 (assuming we get another CM) will still be the inconsistent, 14th placed players from last season so Gerrard is definitely going to have to earn his coaching stripes because they didn’t really perform for him in the second half of last season.

We're nowhere near five or six players over the squad limit

Steer, Olsen, Martinez,

Guilbert, Cash, Konsa, Hause, Mings, Carlos, Chambers, Digne,  Young, Augustinsson,

Nakamba, Luiz, Kamara, Sanson, McGinn,

Buendia, Traore, Coutinhio, Bailey, El Ghazi,

Watkins, Davis, Ings

That's twenty-six players, so one player over, and I think it's pretty obvious a number of those won't be with us next season, Steer, Guilbert, El Ghazi, Sanson and Davis will likely be playing elsewhere, then question marks still surrounding Luiz and Traore as well, there will be plenty of room for more new signings and our own academy players.

I think we will sign another midfielder for sure, and I think we're still going to attempt to bring in an improvement on Ings and Watkins.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

We are over by about 5/6, I believe 

AEG, Davies, Hause, Steer, Sanson, Doug, and Fred need to go…

I’d personally accept if Ings went, but also chill with him staying 

How Bout No GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Easy tiger!!

14 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

How Bout No GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

At least 1 of Doug or Sanson needs to go, more so if we getting in one more. 

who are you culling 

just remembered, Marv should be on the list too

marv can go instead 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Interesting that arguably we only have currently a maximum on two new starters to the first eleven.  Obviously it’s more than just a starting eleven with being a squad game.  

Back to the first point in that Kamara definitely comes straight into the first XI and Carlos should edge Konsa when fit for the right CB position but that’ll be a good contest.  

It means at least 8 (assuming we get another CM) will still be the inconsistent, 14th placed players from last season so Gerrard is definitely going to have to earn his coaching stripes because they didn’t really perform for him in the second half of last season.

We were 7th highest scorers last season, so goal scoring isn’t a massive problem. Getting overrun in midfield was our biggest issue which I think we will add to with another starting player. If we didn’t throw away a 2 goal lead 3 times and only getting 1 point from those games we would have finished 8th, fine margins. 

34 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

I am not  ITK and have never claimed to be..as i mentioned a few times on here over the years most of the info i get is from my sister who works for one of the biggest sports arbitration companies in the EU and UK and all i can elaborate on with info that i got was that it was directly coming from a source close to our old man utd friend Ruud Van Nistelrooy who is the Coach at PSV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, WHY said:

We were 7th highest scorers last season, so goal scoring isn’t a massive problem. Getting overrun in midfield was our biggest issue which I think we will add to with another starting player. If we didn’t throw away a 2 goal lead 3 times and only getting 1 point from those games we would have finished 8th, fine margins. 

We still were 14th, we still only got 45 points, we were still poor in most areas of the pitch last season.  To only add one guaranteed starter, in Kamara, to that mix is a little scary isn’t it?  Carlos will fight it out with Konsa and Mings for a starting berth.

I think the if and maybes in the last part but those are the fine margins that we also got some points.  Over the course of the season it’s hard to argue we deserved any better than 14th.

While 7th highest scorers, we know our strikers were poor last season, had many issues and not sure they fitted any system in the end.  The midfielder as you say was our biggest issue but our defence had bumbling mistakes in them per game.

Literally our season was saved because of 9 games in my head.  The first six game under Gerrard which we flew, battled and got 12 points and we never saw that team again.  Then that three game winning streak I think around Feb.  Those 21 points in 9 games saved us because aside from the odd game like at Old Trafford we were poor all season.

Edited by nick76
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, useless said:

We're nowhere near five or six players over the squad limit

Steer, Olsen, Martinez,

Guilbert, Cash, Konsa, Hause, Mings, Carlos, Chambers, Digne,  Young, Augustinsson,

Nakamba, Luiz, Kamara, Sanson, McGinn,

Buendia, Traore, Coutinhio, Bailey, El Ghazi,

Watkins, Davis, Ings

That's twenty-six players, so one player over, and I think it's pretty obvious a number of those won't be with us next season, Steer, Guilbert, El Ghazi, Sanson and Davis will likely be playing elsewhere, then question marks still surrounding Luiz and Traore as well, there will be plenty of room for more new signings and our own academy players.

I think we will sign another midfielder for sure, and I think we're still going to attempt to bring in an improvement on Ings and Watkins.

Technically you’re are correct. 

however if you factor the youth players we want to keep about… it’s a bloated squad. Trying to give game time for 30 players is not going to be good for some… so in (only) my opinion, we need more out the door 

19 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

At least 1 of Doug or Sanson needs to go, more so if we getting in one more. 

who are you culling 

just remembered, Marv should be on the list too

marv can go instead 

If it's Sangare in, then Marv and Doug to go for me. 

Based on absolutely nothing other than pure hope for Sanson (and he's a f**king sexy beast, every team needs a sexy beast as my wife says - she loved Jota for that very reason).

• Haha 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

If it's Sangare in, then Marv and Doug to go for me. 

Based on absolutely nothing other than pure hope for Sanson (and he's a f**king sexy beast, every team needs a sexy beast as my wife says - she loved Jota for that very reason).

I like her style. I think I agree with her. 
I would love Aston Villa not just be the best club in the country/world, but also the sexiest. 

for that reason, Marv has to go…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We still were 14th, we still only got 45 points, we were still poor in most areas of the pitch last season.  To only add one guaranteed starter, in Kamara, to that mix is a little scary isn’t it?  Carlos will fight it out with Konsa and Mings for a starting berth.

I think the if and maybes in the last part but those are the fine margins that we also got some pints.  Over the course of the season it’s hard to argue we deserved any better than 14th.

While 7th highest scorers, we know our strikers were poor last season, had many issues and not sure they fitted any system in the end.  The midfielder as you say was our biggest issue but our defence had bumbling mistakes in them per game.

Literally our season was saved because of 9 games in my head.  The first six game under Gerrard which we flew, battled and got 12 points and we never saw that team again.  Then that three game winning streak I think around Feb.  Those 21 points in 9 games saved us because aside from the odd game like at Old Trafford we were poor all season.

Football is about opinions mate, we were  better than 14th imo but agree we were poor in a lot of games. I think with the 2 new starters and hopefully one more added, we can finish top 8.

Edited by WHY