Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

As.others have noted, Otavio in a tiny bloke, but seems tenacious and has good defensive stats.

We all know, and I'm sure SG does too, that we need more physicality in the squad.

So I've started thinking that if Otavio bid is true, he is coming to replace Luiz and Sanson.

Then we'll either promote Tim, or get another physical Midfielder in.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Actually like RLC, would add some much needed power and size in our midfield.

He’s not a bad player at all and I’d be happy if he were added to the squad

I would be ok with him.....but not for the monies speculated.

I just want the Ake links to go away.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He could be coming in to replace Buendia. By replace, I mean, to compete with. 

I don’t think Gerrard fancies Buendia. He might see Otavio as a 10 alongside Coutinho. 

I don't believe this, and if he " doesn't fancy " Buendia, I might have to start questioning my backing. Lol

However again, I don't believe this is the case.

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

If our best player was not `fancied' by the manager, that would be most alarming.

I can't see Gerrard not fancying Coutinho at all. 

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't believe this, and if he " doesn't fancy " Buendia, I might have to start questioning my backing. Lol

However again, I don't believe this is the case.

If he forces Buendia out the  door I’m done with the Villa until he gets the sack 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Or….stay with me…they just don’t think RLC is a purchase we should make.

🙄

I'm a bit unsure to be fair.  I think he's the kind of player that if he signed/signs for one of our rivals I wouldn't be thinking we've missed out.  But at the same time if we are interested (which is by no means certain) then I can see that he would appear to give us more options.  Mainly I was railing against the notion that "we shouldn't sign players who are decent squad members for a Sly 6 team because they will never improve us and allow us to close the gap".  Or that anyone we sign in that camp will automatically be a Drinkwater or Barkley (although to be fair in the first 2 or 3 months Barkley looked like he might be the missing piece in our jigsaw - before he just became a missing piece).

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

How many are nailed on first teamers, with few question marks.?

• 2 are development players 
  • 1 is pretty much nailed on as our marquee signing
  • 1 is our progressive local boy, who is only improving
  • 2 are being linked with exits
  • 2 are left to challenge for 1 spot with 1 being a fan favourite....and play in different positions.

Not so hard to reconcile, with many games coming up.

So big question and your opinions are always highly regarded imo… if lets say a new CM comes in who would be more under threat Ramsey or Mcginn?

30 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He could be coming in to replace Buendia. By replace, I mean, to compete with. 

I don’t think Gerrard fancies Buendia. He might see Otavio as a 10 alongside Coutinho. 

2324.jpg?width=465&quality=45&auto=forma

How can he not fancy Buendia... He may not be a Matty Cash, but... I still

would 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

So big question and your opinions are always highly regarded imo… if lets say a new CM comes in who would be more under threat Ramsey or Mcginn?

McGinn for sure.  I expect McGinn to be better this season with Kamara in midfield.  But JJ's improvement last season was astronomical.  His ceiling is way, way higher than McGinn's.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, allani said:

McGinn for sure.  I expect McGinn to be better this season with Kamara in midfield.  But JJ's improvement last season was astronomical.  His ceiling is way, way higher than McGinn's.

Yeah i 100% agree id see the majority with a decent pair of eyes to say the exact same

Wouldn’t want RLC, straight no… watched him last season he offers very little , not determined enough and gives the ball away in dangerous areas … we can look higher than him 👍🏽 So in agreeance with  @nick76 

• Thanks 1