Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, TRO said:

The confusing thing for me is.....many of us agree Dougie is not a defensive midfielder, just deployed there, while we sorted ourselves out.

yet we still talk about him as if he's a no6 ......If he goes, we are losing a No 8 imo.

Unless Nakamba is capable of playing alongside Kamara in certain games, we do need another defensively capable midfielder......BK will find the going tough, if we don't provide him with some help.

Midfield needs to have a robust tone to it.....for us to improve.

57 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Currently we have Kamara, McGinn, Ramsey, Luiz, Sanson, Nakamba, Chuk and Tim for midfield, that's 8 players for 3 positions, we only need 6 so if we sign a new CM then three are surplus to requirements:

Kamara/Nakamba
McGinn/Ramsey
New CM/ 1 of Luiz/Sanson/Chuk/Tim

Sorry but Nakamba is not good enough, not of the required standard/quality if we genuinely want to progress and become a much better team. He doesn’t have the physicality either nor the quality on the ball and in the pass… not a young player and unlikely to improve much..

We need a better option, without a doubt from my POV.

If we do that, I’d be happy to sell him. Despite his good points and the few positive performances. He’s a good guy but if we really want to become a formidable team, we need better players in the side…

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:
5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Sounds like McGinn…

Sounds like McGinn…

Someone able tae win th' baw back heich up th' pitch ower than aye inviting thaim onto us. 

That sounds more like McGinn.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

But with better passing ability and can keep possession more effectively. 

Sure 😁

But he’s too loved.

Edited by Jas10

Just now, Jas10 said:

Sorry but Nakamba is not good enough, not of the required standard/quality if we genuinely want to progress and become a much better team. He doesn’t have the physicality either nor the quality on the ball and in the pass… not a young player and unlikely to improve much..

We need a better option, without a doubt from my POV.

If we do that, I’d be happy to sell him. Despite his good points and the few positive performances. He’s a good guy but if we really want to become a formidable team, we need better players in the side…

Not going to disagree with you, but he's not going anywhere this window, especially if we sell Luiz rather than let him run his contract down.  He should be replaced, but for now he's back up to Kamara.

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If we play 45 games this season, that will have been an astonishingly good season in terms of cups. More likely we'll play 40-42. By contrast, the European sides play nearly half as many again. We don't need a squad as big as theirs, and if we have one all it will achieve is disharmony from miserable players. 

The good news is that out of the 8 listed in the initial post, Iroegbunam is 100% definitely going to be going out on loan, so it's really 7. But I agree with the OP that buying any more necessitates selling or loaning somewhere between 1 and 3 others. 

We better not only play 40-42 games next season. Cant be unlucky again with drawing the top clubs in early rounds. Well I mean we can, but it's not likely.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not going to disagree with you, but he's not going anywhere this window, especially if we sell Luiz rather than let him run his contract down.  He should be replaced, but for now he's back up to Kamara.

Fair enough. 
I’d  much rather keep Luiz though. 

But I’d be delighted if we strengthen so well that we could offload these kinds of players and they are no longer needed.

You’re likely correct but we’ll see…

Edited by Jas10

7 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

You know what.. I think I actually agree with you. Genuinely. 

You're finally seeing sense. welcome to the real world 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Fair enough. 
I’d  much rather keep Luiz though. 

But I’d be delighted if we strengthen so well that we could offload these kinds of players and they are no longer needed.

You’re likely correct but we’ll see…

Only if he signs a contract, if not he should be sold this window.

Power is with Luiz, He just needs to stay 1 more season at Villa to get a mega signing on fee at his new club. I doubt he wants to leave tbh, Makes more financial sense to him if he stays the 1 more year and take the mega pay day 

Edited by messi11

Just now, messi11 said:

Power is with Luiz, He just needs to stay 1 more season at Villa to get a mega signing on fee at his new club. I doubt he wants to leave tbh, Makes more financial sense to him if he stays the 1 more year and take the mega pay day 

Risks being froze out and not playing much if that's the case, his outside chance of making the world cup squad for Brazil would change to zero.

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Risks being froze out and not playing much if that's the case, his outside chance of making the world cup squad for Brazil would change to zero.

He won’t be frozen out as long as he is here and committed to performing for the team. If he starts kicking up a fuss and becoming unsettling for the other players then yes, it could become quite difficult. However i don’t think that’s in his nature to behave in such a way. 

Edited by Tayls

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

He won’t be frozen out as long as he is here and committed to performing for the team. If he starts kicking up a fuss and becoming unsettling for the other players then yes, it could become quite difficult. However i don’t think that’s in his nature to behave in such a way. 

Maybe froze out is the wrong phrase, drop down the pecking order is maybe more appropriate.  If we sign another CM, along with McGinn and Ramsey that's 3 players ahead of him.  His game will be significantly reduced.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Again he’s had some info in the past that’s the only reason I give his tweets any attention

One time my sister asked me to guess a number between 1 and 100 and I guessed the right one. Nobody has confused me for having psychic powers because of it. He was right about one player possibly because he had actual information, and he enjoyed the notoriety he received, so he's continued making things up since. Notice how the time you give him credit for being correct, he NAMED the player? Nothing but mysterious bullshit hints since.