Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Those players that say "oh I don't wanna go to that club because I want European football" can gtfo anyway. Bitch, back yourself to be a player good enough to get that team into Europe. Achieve something rather than just piggy backing off prior successes. Be part of something new, exciting and great.

Stupid football getting me all riled up on my last Friday morning before my holidays 😂

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Was never bothered by him to be honest.

Incredible dead ball technique, but lacking in pretty much every other area. Nominal improvement on McGinn or Sanson IMO.

Sangare is definitely going somewhere this summer. The #1 PSV journalist who speaks for the club says we are/were interested. Believe he said Utd interested as well. I think we're in a hodgepodge of a few clubs fluttering eyelashes at him.

I think Kouadio Kone would be my first choice if we can now Doucoure has gone to Palace.

Van Nistelrooy said Sangare told him he will stay one more season unless something major happens 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Van Nistelrooy said Sangare told him he will stay one more season unless something major happens 

Wasn’t it more like, Sangare has said he is happy to stay another season, but hasn’t said he will.

It depends on offers, the premier league has such financial pull that I just couldn’t see people staying in Holland if an offer goes in.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Tolisso gone to Lyon. Contract until 2027. I don't know how much of an effect his injuries have had but he was one that I would have liked to have seen here. Even if he got back to somewhere close to what he was then he would be class.

Pretty much his local team though 5 years is excessive. I am guessing he isn't on a high wage and Lyon plan to flip him if he returns to his previous form

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Wasn’t it more like, Sangare has said he is happy to stay another season, but hasn’t said he will.

It depends on offers, the premier league has such financial pull that I just couldn’t see people staying in Holland if an offer goes in.

The quote i read seemed to cover all bases for the club but think he said he wanted to work with RVN but if a big money bid came in then the club would look at it

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The quote i read seemed to cover all bases for the club but think he said he wanted to work with RVN but if a big money bid came in then the club would look at it

I think he has a €35m release clause, no way they'd be turning that kind of money down.

47 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Agreed, balance is key, you need a mix of different elements or attributes.

Barca weren’t a team completely full of small or light players and the ones that were were supremely technically gifted - that can’t be said for many teams/players. We’re talking world class here.

Not every small player is as skilled and capable with the ball, and when under pressure, anywhere near as well as the likes of Messi, Iniesta and Xavi. It’s too simplified a view to say that they were a successful “small” team.

People seem to forget they had physical (and even tall) such as Busquets and Puyol, Pique, Abidal, Mascherano (warrior), Yaya Toure, Alves they weren’t all diminutive skilful players, there was some necessary steel/grit/physicality to help out too but again - supreme technical prowess… absolute top level.

They could get stuck in and fight when needed… no one ever watched the El Clasico’s for example? A lot of togetherness and team spirit as well as fight when needed too. Can’t be said for every team and there aren’t many players on their level, majority of them were world class. A fairly unique team. And it bloody well helps when you have Messi…

Anyway, I would love something similar 😆 The more skill and talent in the side the better imo, I want to be entertained, but balance is again key. We don’t want to be overrun and overpowered… I’m sick of seeing that and it is what has held us back (particularly against better opposition) for too long, particularly in midfield.

Some people have suggested a midfield of Otavio (if even interested), Ramsey and Kamara. That’s even more lightweight than it is now… we would be destroyed 🤣

We lack physicality…

Carlos is going to help in defence, but Kamara needs a hand in midfield and shouldn’t have to bear the burden of the midfield scrap and defensive responsibility… it’s unfair and almost a recipe for distaster with such a young player playing abroad for the first time in his career… we shouldn’t be taking such huge risks and putting him under so much pressure. He is class but let’s help him bring that out rather than make life more difficult for him…

When it comes to scrapping, McGinn tries… but it’s not enough and I don’t think he should ever be guaranteed a spot. He needs to improve in possession too. The whole side does…

I remember SG saying we lack steel and grit. I agree, let’s hope we fully address that now while keeping talent and skill in the side such as the likes of Coutinho and Buendia (START HIM! 😆).

I agree we need a strong midfielder that can play both DM and box to box. This player also needs to be technically gifted and mobile. However a midfield with Otavio and Ramsey in front of Kamara is still a good midfield. 

It's horses for courses. If we want to control possession and break down teams with invention, flair, and creativity then this midfield will do that. Man City usually only have Rodri as DM with two playmaker type midfielders which are usually able to play wide and as a CAM. Otavio is a player that can play numerous positions, so will probably get game as both a CM, CAM, and as one of our 2 no 10's. 

The qualities he brings are most important, and workrate, pressing ability, press resistance, passing, and creativity are all qualities that fit in with how Gerrard wants us to play football.

I have mentioned in earlier posts that another winger / 10 would be useful if we are moving on Traore. So I see no reason we can't sign Otavio and another defensively minded midfielder. Extra creativity in midfield, a high workrate 10, a back up DM, and a ball winning 8, all wrapped up in two smart signings would cover all bases! Then we would be ready for all opponents!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Vrsaljko is available on a free, maybe worth looking at as competition for Cash

Always liked him for Croatia but it seems club managers especially Simeone has very little faith in him

Looking online it seems he is going to the Greek league