Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

23 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Winks is a metronome - put the right players around him, i.e. a strong DCM and a ball carrying "8", and he could look half decent. I view him as a poor man's jwp without the energy and set piece delivery.

I think Luiz is a better second sitter than Winks and Sanson might be as well (from the limited bits and pieces I have seen).

So...  Ashley Westwood?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My two choices right now for the Athletic Midfielder that we need. @Lange @Gerrard @Purslow 

1) Kouadio Kone- 21 years of Age/ B Gladbach/ 18 Milion

image.thumb.png.8f84efd7f9d96eff5bded76bb8acb01d.png
2) Ibrahim Sangare- / 24 year of age/ PSV/ 24million

• Like 2

20 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I don't know how much money we can or are willing to spend to finish this Summer's transfers.

For me if we can only afford one absolutely key player it would be JWP.

If we can afford JWP and one more it would be Calvin Bassey because of his physical capability and willingness to cover many positions.

I wouldn't buy another striker because I believe the service and support that both Watkins and Ings will get from the new arrivals will make them both dangerous strikers again. Cameron Archer as a 15/20 minute sub would torment tired defenders.

I too, am expecting Ollie and Danny to find their shooting boots.....They need to find the synchronisation and timing of runs with Phillipo, Emi and lucas.....and then apply a ruthless, approach to scoring.....they can do it.

Last seasons return, was a slight on their character.......They need to come out fighting to restore that pride in being an Aston Villa Striker.......Peter Withe and Andy Gray will be watching with Interest.....Pongo will be looking down too....with Cam knocking on the door.

go show 'em boys.

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

My two choices right now for the Athletic Midfielder that we need. @Lange @Gerrard @Purslow 

1) Kouadio Kone- 21 years of Age/ B Gladbach/ 18 Milion

image.thumb.png.8f84efd7f9d96eff5bded76bb8acb01d.png
2) Ibrahim Sangare- / 24 year of age/ PSV/ 24million

Sangare looks to have the power, to help solidify midfield.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Anyone take Alfredo Morelos whose entering the last 12 months of his contract …  

I just saw this on the Mirror Web page. 

How the **** do they print such cack? 

£30 million for someone who has a year left on his contract? 

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

5/10 window so far

We’ve signed the once 2nd most expensive player in the world, one of the most sought after young midfielders in Europe and one of the best defenders in La Liga last season. It’s not even July!

Are you trolling ?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We’ve signed the once most expensive player in the world, one of the most sought after young midfielders in Europe and one of the best defenders in La Liga last season. It’s not even July!

Are you trolling ?

If we are being technical, we didnt unless you know that we have agreed a deal with Pogba or Bale :P 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We’ve signed the once most expensive player in the world, one of the most sought after young midfielders in Europe and one of the best defenders in La Liga last season. It’s not even July!

Are you trolling ?

its the lack of  proper links

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are you trolling ?

Could be trolling but it could be the the poor lamb is just back from school and feels bored.

3 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

i thought we might go for sangare thats  where my disapointment is

We just have to trust the powers that be.....I feel sure, they can see what we see.....I haven't always been sure of that, in the past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

You're taking the piss, right? Comes from a rough town in Colombia but managed to avoid getting involved in gangs around there, married his childhood sweetheart at 18 and they're still together, helps less fortunate families in his home town who can't afford food or presents for their children at christmas, has also set up foundations for kids from the area to play football to keep off the streets and away from gangs, does endless charity work.

But yeah gets carried away on a football pitch sometimes = "pure scum"

Shake Head GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

That's great that he looks after people at home fair play, 

Think someone already said this in a reply, I'm judging him on what he has done on the field, the elbow he hit Scott brown with (who is someone else Id rather not see in a villa jersey because of his behaviour on field) that incident was scummy and has a lot more like that. When I say pure scum , it has zero to do with him off field, the Suarez thing I said in jest