Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

37 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We won't sign another centre half in this window I don't think. 

The remainder of our budget will go on another midfielder and then I imagine a striker depending on who we can move on. 

Starting Midfielder, back up Left-Back, and possibly a striker.  Can't see much more than that other than outgoings.

• Like 2

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I agree and I'd be fine with that (depending on the quality of the CM, mainly).

I'd be quite happy going all out for a midfielder and not getting a striker, Archer is good enough as backup if we don't

• Like 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

I wouldn’t say no to a 6month deal 

still a great player and will be hungry to play and be fit and sharpe for the would cup. The only risk is potential injuries 

I just think the wages are too high for Bale for the risk that comes with it. I imagine he’ll be motivated for the WC, but I’m not sure his body can cope with it

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I just think the wages are too high for Bale for the risk that comes with it. I imagine he’ll be motivated for the WC, but I’m not sure his body can cope with it

He’s not going to get his Real Madrid wages ever again. He take a major pay cut for the game time, pretty much like Phill

• Like 4

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I’d imagine anywhere he goes he will be taking a huge paycut or a pay as you play deal.

Plus he did a good job at spurs last season. 

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Wherever he goes it will likely be pay as you play kind of deal.  Don't see how he fits our team though, as a narrow 10 or as the striker?

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

The wages would be interesting, in theory with what he's earned at Madrid he could now play a year on "only" say £50k a week, he doesn't need a

Rumours of him going to Cardiff too, they wont be paying him huge amounts 

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I wouldn’t say no to a 6month deal 

still a great player and will be hungry to play and be fit and sharpe for the would cup. The only risk is potential injuries 

A concern would be he walks into the wales side all he has to do is stay injury free for his last hurrah , he won’t give it the bollox risking it wherever he goes , let Cardiff have him 

• Like 3

Just now, PieFacE said:

No thanks to Bale. Shouldn't even be a conversation unless we change our name from Aston Villa to Wales. 

But that’s why he be a great short term signing. He’s going to be ‘chomping on the bit’ to be in the best shape and form of his life… purely to help Wales in the World Cup 

Where would Bale play? Certainly not as a CM, which we need, and I wouldn't play him ahead of Buendia or (if he finds his Leverkusen form) Bailey.

Would be a waste of finances in my opinion.

Let him go to Man Utd in a late desperation deal.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The wages would be interesting, in theory with what he's earned at Madrid he could now play a year on "only" say £50k a week, he doesn't need a

Rumours of him going to Cardiff too, they wont be paying him huge amounts 

Rumours of him going to Getafe as well just so he can stay in Madrid, as family is apparently settled there, and close to his golf club 🤣.  I don't think he cares where he plays, he has won it all and just wants to keep going to make the World Cup, I can see him retire straight after it.

Just now, Chine said:

A concern would be he walks into the wales side all he has to do is stay injury free for his last hurrah , he won’t give it the bollox risking it wherever he goes , let Cardiff have him 

He gives everything for the wales shirt… yes he walks in without a hassle, but he has bigger desires than just turning up… he will want to play.. and to play he needs serious fitness and sharpness. Only way is to play high level football.  

short term deal, would be a low risk and beneficial to any Prem club and to Wales