Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

15 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I think we're shopping at Fortnum and Mason or Waitrose if we're stuck now. Now more of this Asda nonsense.

No we are not. Champions League teams are.

We are more Sainsbury's right now.

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

Conor Gallagher all day for me. He'd probably be a record signing for us but based on last season it would be pretty low risk compared to the others. 

Wouldn’t Connor be in competition with Ramsey or are they different types of players ? 

37 minutes ago, John said:

Has anyone thought about whether we might look at offering Andriy Yarmolenko a contract now that West Ham have let him go? He is admittedly the wrong side of 29, but he still looks very good when playing for Ukraine and could offer us another forward option coming off the bench imo, should the likes of Anwar, Trez, Bert, Keinan and possibly Leon leave in this window?

No. Is the simple answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Wouldn’t Connor be in competition with Ramsey or are they different types of players ? 

Would say he would be more competition for SJM

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s a very good player. We were linked back in Jan. I just can’t see Liverpool letting him go. 

I think he’s a decent player. Not really kicked on imo. He’s one of those players who likes to take 1 or 2 touches more than what is needed. Really don’t like him as a person either. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

We need a passing midfielder in there, last season only Luiz could get the ball to Coutinho, Buendia. McGinn and Ramsey arent that good at passing through midfield though Ramsey could improve that 

Kamara might help but I would be comfortable with a player who can pass now

A young Luka Modric would be ideal, it would be nice if our scouts could go out and find him.

Why are many saying we wont go and spend on multiple positions we haven’t even begun spending kamara was free and coutinho was only £17M… we could splash £50-70M on a CM and ST that would be the best plan

1 hour ago, John said:

Has anyone thought about whether we might look at offering Andriy Yarmolenko a contract now that West Ham have let him go? He is admittedly the wrong side of 29, but he still looks very good when playing for Ukraine and could offer us another forward option coming off the bench imo, should the likes of Anwar, Trez, Bert, Keinan and possibly Leon leave in this window?

I don’t think signing West Ham’s cast offs is going to get us anywhere. If he was good enough he’d have started more than 2 games in the last 2 years for them

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I agree though I think we will be sticking with McGinn for the season, can see us offering him a new deal as well soon

I feel we need more defensive ability in the three whether that is Luis as he is staying or a new player and then Ramsey or McGinn start as the midfielder with little defensive responsibility.

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

Bordeaux have been relegated to the third French division due to financial problems.

Since we like to be opportunist to some degree, is there anyone we could nab from them? Maybe a younger player with bags of potential? 

Is a reason they were relegated from the first division in the first place. Some shocking attitudes and performances 

Bizarrely the ultras and the owner teamed up to have a go at the players which is a new one 😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

How about Corentin Tolisso been released from Bayern, only 27 a decent midfielder that was highly rated and sort after when he was at Lyon 

This sounds good but how good is he , is he hard working, enthusiastic, does he track back etc …. Bayern munich player though which does sound bloody good 

11 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

A young Luka Modric would be ideal, it would be nice if our scouts could go out and find him.

While they are at it they could also find a young Zidane and Ronaldo too.

Edited by paul514
  • Haha 1