Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Don't mind the Kean rumour, even if I don't rate him that highly.

Luiz is putting us in an awkward position and I suspect we're looking at different ways to move him in. Would be quite a clever bit of work to get him off to Juve on a swap.

I'd really like Doucoure. I think he's a better player than Sangare myself.

Not sure Juventus have room for Luiz. About to sign Pogba to add to Zakaria, Locatelli, Rabiot. McKennie and Arthur plus Ramsey and probably Mandaroga to return from loan

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Fabian Ruiz reportedly available for £25m.

We won't get a midfielder better than that for that outlay.

I do not want him to leave Napoli, but I don't think he fits what the current manager is looking for, and I would love for him to join Villa. But I don't see it happening. My understanding is he'd much prefer to play in Spain if he's leaving Italy.

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Brighton signed an 18 year old Paraguay international with 11 goals this season in 15 games

Not saying he will be an amazing success though Brighton have a good scouting range but how come we never seem to go for random young players like this. Probably a no risk transfer for a Premier League team

We haven't signed anyone leftfield at all under Lange.

Traore was the most out there as he wasn't really getting a game at Lyon and we overpaid massively.

Ings definitely the most annoying transfer just for the cost and return.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

13 PL goal contributions from 22 games' worth of minutes qualifies as a poor first season return?

For £30m and £125k a week? Yep.

Think of all the points he cost us with bad misses as well. He was poor.

Hope he starts this season well, he could still end up being a net positive.

• Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Brighton signed an 18 year old Paraguay international with 11 goals this season in 15 games

Not saying he will be an amazing success though Brighton have a good scouting range but how come we never seem to go for random young players like this. Probably a no risk transfer for a Premier League team

Because we're shopping in a different market with a ridiculously bigger budget than Brighton...  We're signing Champions League quality players, not gambling on unknowns and hoping they'll be Premier League quality...  

24 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

For £30m and £125k a week? Yep.

Think of all the points he cost us with bad misses as well. He was poor.

Hope he starts this season well, he could still end up being a net positive.

He was £25m. 

Would you have paid £25m for Emile Smith Rowe that everyone is raving about and made the England squad this season?

Because he only registered 12 goal contributions in a team that came 5th.

Danny Ings was absolutely fine for his first season. 

Edited by Steero113

We have an unusually high amount of highly rated teenagers of our own pushing for a place in the first team squad, so if we sign more teenagers around the eighteen year old range, they have to either come to us accepting they will mostly be playing U23 football, something I'd presume a Paraguay international wouldn't do, or be good enough to come straight into our first team.

Sonny Perkins who've been linked to would be more prepared to play for our U23s, same with Irogebunam last saison.

Or in other words we already have enough young players of our own that we can use as squad players.

Edited by useless

42 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We haven't signed anyone leftfield at all under Lange.

Traore was the most out there as he wasn't really getting a game at Lyon and we overpaid massively.

Depends what you're referring to as "leftfield" and what you're attributing to Lange as well.

It's been pretty clear that we've been buying either first-team ready players or highly rated youth prospects.  An 18 year old Paraguayan international doesn't fit either of these categories (although arguably youth prospect, just older than we've been typically signing).

Just now, bobzy said:

Depends what you're referring to as "leftfield" and what you're attributing to Lange as well.

It's been pretty clear that we've been buying either first-team ready players or highly rated youth prospects.  An 18 year old Paraguayan international doesn't fit either of these categories (although arguably youth prospect, just older than we've been typically signing).

I’d say a lot of the youth signings are left of field - just because they aren’t from abroad doesn’t mean we don’t have a wide scouting network. 

btw I wasnt advocating we sign the Paraguayan kid, my point was we never seem to be in this untapped potential market and would prefer to pay over the odds in 2 years  or so if they shine 

I just get annoyed at clubs picking up steals but we seem to always pay over the odds. The last player we got on a transfer steal was probably McGinn

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

btw I wasnt advocating we sign the Paraguayan kid, my point was we never seem to be in this untapped potential market and would prefer to pay over the odds in 2 years  or so if they shine 

I just get annoyed at clubs picking up steals but we seem to always pay over the odds. The last player we got on a transfer steal was probably McGinn

McGinn was incredible business, but remember we have just signed Phillipe Coutinho for £17m and I'd even go as far as saying £15m for Douglas Luiz was hilarious value. 

It's all comparative. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

McGinn was incredible business, but remember we have just signed Phillipe Coutinho for £17m and I'd even go as far as saying £15m for Douglas Luiz was hilarious value. 

It's all comparative. 

and Kamara on a free

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Few links to Sangare over the past couple of months or so. Question… what’s his passing like?

He was worth buying for the 6/7 million PSV brought him for 2 years ago ...... like I said at the time.

He apparently has a release clause for 30m I'd prefer Bissouma for that.