Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Read 35 with 5 million add ons

He could be good but I think still 19

I read 35m euros and saw 25m pounds… regardless it’s a good price for the potential.

Just now, nick76 said:

Milan were after him and seemed about 30-35m euros

Sounds like a better business than Richarlison or Raphinha IMO. 

Not tested in the PL and a bit raw thou so who knows.

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

So how much do you think Darwin is worth? You have a real habit of laughing off or disagreeing with comments and suggesting valuations are ridiculous etc but you never answer the question as to what u think the right number is. You did it the other day with the value of player we could sell. You just post a childish comment and then run for cover

Good value would be 50.

70 at the top end

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The 'afford' bit might be interesting - the wages he'll want will certainly be high, but I'm guessing that the Everton board might accept an offer that's on the cheap side of pretty reasonable. Given your difficulties with FFP and the peculiarities of your ownership situation, there will definitely be a temptation to cash in on an asset or two this summer in order to give Lampard some sort of funding in the transfer market - I wouldn't be too surprised to see Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin shopped around as a book balancing exercise.

If I were them I’d sell and start again as they need cash to bring in players 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would anyone do the deal of selling Watkins for £55m and then buying Richarlison for £55m? 

The ‘£55m’ is just a random figure. It can be any amount. I’m just alluding to a deal where the money is very similar so essentially swapping out a player. 

I’d sell him at 55 I wouldn’t buy richarlason as a replacement for the same price.

16 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I’d sell him at 55 I wouldn’t buy richarlason as a replacement for the same price.

I agree, I would spend the money elsewhere. My point about Richarlison was that I would prefer him to Ollie but if I had 50m quid to spend I would buy neither of them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I agree, I would spend the money elsewhere. My point about Richarlison was that I would prefer him to Ollie but if I had 50m quid to spend I would buy neither of them

Who would you spend it on?

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who would you spend it on?

Really tough question. I would like Darwin Nunez but he is more expensive. Ben Brereton Díaz may be a good addition at the 20m mark as one to develop if we felt Ings can play as the main striker. My knowledge of the European market is not great but I am guessing there are some high scorers that would like a chance in the PL with Villa. I think our next striker should be in the 70m+ price range and we get a real clinical finisher. I think we will create enough chance with our attacking players now that we have built some solidity at the back

• Thanks 1

For the cost of Olsen and Coutinho we covered the cost of one Wesley (and a little bit left over) - which shows how far we've come in terms of finding the right quality at the right cost. We go about our business quietly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Really tough question. I would like Darwin Nunez but he is more expensive. Ben Brereton Díaz may be a good addition at the 20m mark as one to develop if we felt Ings can play as the main striker. My knowledge of the European market is not great but I am guessing there are some high scorers that would like a chance in the PL with Villa. I think our next striker should be in the 70m+ price range and we get a real clinical finisher. I think we will create enough chance with our attacking players now that we have built some solidity at the back

Brereton-Diaz isn’t a bad shout at all, although it would be a big risk as he has never played in the Premier League before but people said that when we signed Ollie Watkins but he stepped up, no problem. 

We finished 14th in the Premier League last season, I don’t think we are currently in a position to attract a £70m striker

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

For the cost of Olsen and Coutinho we covered the cost of one Wesley (and a little bit left over) - which shows how far we've come in terms of finding the right quality at the right cost. We go about our business quietly.

Include the wages and it’s makes a different picture..

but yeah we’ve come a long way from Big Wes

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Include the wages and it’s makes a different picture..

but yeah we’ve come a long way from Big Wes

Oh absolutely. We are in a much better position these days. It's going to be interesting in the months ahead.

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Brereton-Diaz isn’t a bad shout at all, although it would be a big risk as he has never played in the Premier League before but people said that when we signed Ollie Watkins but he stepped up, no problem. 

We finished 14th in the Premier League last season, I don’t think we are currently in a position to attract a £70m striker

When I think about this there I times I agree with u but also times when I think we could be opportunistic. Other clubs may not be able to afford that and if the selling club like the idea of 70m and a player sees a 4x increase in wages plus the opportunity to play PL football we could be an attractive proposition

13 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

When I think about this there I times I agree with u but also times when I think we could be opportunistic. Other clubs may not be able to afford that and if the selling club like the idea of 70m and a player sees a 4x increase in wages plus the opportunity to play PL football we could be an attractive proposition

If we did pay x player 4x increase in wages to a new signing, it would set a bad precedent to the rest of the squad and create bad harmony in my opinion