Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

22 hours ago, thabucks said:

Where would Connor Gallagher fit in what with JJ, Chuck and Aaron Ramsey, Oh and Coutinho ?? 

Conor, would fit in at most clubs, because his engine, would be much sought after....but that would be mean on the fella, he is a real talent and makes that talent work, a wonderful combination.

but I would agree, not our prime focus, right now......we need a CDM powerhouse. with guile.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 02/04/2022 at 23:46, messi11 said:

Yes please! he's box office

I have had a brainwave.....😂

Bale's contract is up this summer, we could cash in on Ings and get Bale on a 2 year deal for 10m a year..... 

Don't laugh too loud but I think that could work, and we are near the Belfry 😄

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TRO said:

Conor, would fit in at most clubs, because his engine, would be much sought after....but that would be mean on the fella, he is a real talent and makes that talent work, a wonderful combination.

but I would agree, not our prime focus, right now......we need a CDM powerhouse. with guile.

I reckon Gallagher, is in the mold of what McGinn could/should be if he never had so many brainfarts.

Scenes when we sign Gallagher and JWP, and sell Luiz and Nakamba, signing no CDM then declaring our midfield is sorted 😂

A " modern " midfield doesn't need a CDM. Lol

Can you imagine?! 😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Agreed, Gallagher is a similar type of player as McGinn but with superior technique.

I see McGinn linked with United this morning? Cash in and sign Gallagher perhaps?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I see McGinn linked with United this morning? Cash in and sign Gallagher perhaps?

United with no manager at the moment. 

Chase Ten Hag for ages and the first bit of business for his style of play is John McGinn 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

United with no manager at the moment. 

Chase Ten Hag for ages and the first bit of business for his style of play is John McGinn 😂

Well they do have a manager, Ralf Rangnick.  United sign players regardless of who the manager is, it's the main reason they are in the mess they are in. 

5 hours ago, duke313 said:

Well they do have a manager, Ralf Rangnick.  United sign players regardless of who the manager is, it's the main reason they are in the mess they are in. 

I doubt they'd do that. Their fans have been crying out for a DM longer than ours and January showed no signs of them acting on it.

The winger at Watford might be a good option, bags of experience, think he’s called Hodgson and crosses better than any of our players.  Don’t even think he’s hit his peak age wise yet either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was silently speculating to myself a couple of days ago, but without formulating the sentence, just a vague idea that drifted across my consciousness, that we might try for Madueke. Or maybe as the thought comes to me now, Ibrahim Sangaré, I don't know anything about him just a name.

1 hour ago, useless said:

I was silently speculating to myself a couple of days ago, but without formulating the sentence, just a vague idea that drifted across my consciousness, that we might try for Madueke. Or maybe as the thought comes to me now, Ibrahim Sangaré, I don't know anything about him just a name.

Really impressed with Sangare. Looks exactly what we need 

24 minutes ago, alexvilla4 said:

Really impressed with Sangare. Looks exactly what we need 

I said we should have signed him before he went to PSV for 6m.... same as Koopmeiners for 10m now he is worth triple 

Two defensive midfielders and a wide man allows us to play 4-2-3-1 again with Coutinho as the 10. 

I’d be content with just those three signings tbh as long as it meant we’d finally sorted out the midfield area and moved away from this daft formation with two number 10’s. 

I think we might be interested in Richarlison if Everton drop. Picking him up for something in the region of £25m wouldn’t be a bad deal. I wouldn’t touch any of their other players, mind, 

Edited by Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Two defensive midfielders and a wide man allows us to play 4-2-3-1 again with Coutinho as the 10. 

I’d be content with just those three signings tbh as long as it meant we’d finally sorted out the midfield area and moved away from this daft formation with two number 10’s. 

I think we might be interested in Richarlison if Everton drop. Picking him up for something in the region of £25m wouldn’t be a bad deal. I wouldn’t touch any of their other players, mind, 

I wouldn't go near him, the ego of Ronaldo with the career of Stewart Downing.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Don’t see us going back to 4-2-3-1 tbh. 

Midfield 3 of Phillips, Bissouma, and Ramsey/McGinn would compete with any in the league imo. 

Edited by Awol
Apologies to SJM

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Don’t see us going back to 4-2-3-1 tbh. 

Midfield 3 of Phillips, Bissouma, and Ramsey/McGinn would compete with any in the league imo. 

Can't see us getting Phillips, we are being used by his agent to get a better contract or a move to United.