Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Purslow will look foolish after saying he wouldn't pay 10 million for him and I agree with him

He didn't say that though, he said something along the lines of "more like 10m after being in McGinn's pocket all day"

It was a joke based on the fact that McGinn bossed him - I have no idea why so many people are hung up on what was a throwaway comment to fans. He clearly wasn't issuing an official line of how much we would pay for the player, and him having a poor game against us is unlikely to change whether or not we're in for him.

Will we go in for him again? Who knows. If we do, will we max it at 10m based on a jokey comment to a fan after a good day at the office? No.

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I love Gerrard’s attempts to hide his excitement in the presser and keep that poker face 

Means more of his old Liverpool mates getting jobs 😉

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This Summer is going to be the most exciting yet because I think we'll focus on quality over quantity which hasn't always been possible due to the need for numbers and a squad.
I think we could see up to 10 players leaving, including a couple of first team players and we'll spend the money available on Coutinho and 3 others. Honestly, if we could sign Coutinho and 2 starting defensive midfielders, I'd be over the moon - anything else would be a bonus for me. We desperately need to improve in that central midfield area.

Here we go, Football Manager head on...

Philipps: 50m
Darwin Nunez: 50m
Bissouma: 27m
Coutinho: 33m
Total: £160m

It seems like a lot, but I think if we're smart, we can generate up to £90m in player sales. 

And then line up like this:

--------------------------------------------Nunez-----------------------------------------------
Buendia-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bailey
-----------------------------------------Coutinho----------------------------------------------
----------------------Philipps----------------------------Bissouma-----------------------
Digne-------------------------Mings----------Konsa-----------------------------Cash
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------Martinez---------------------------------------------

Or...

--------------------------------------------Nunez-----------------------------------------------
------------------------------Coutinho--------Buendia------------------------------------
------------------------------------------Ramsey-----------------------------------------------
----------------------Philipps----------------------------Bissouma-----------------------
Digne-------------------------Mings----------Konsa-----------------------------Cash
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------Martinez---------------------------------------------

Or a variation on any of the above.

It's all about quality this window, not quantity. 

I mean, that would be incredible. But also incredibly unlikely. 

• Like 1

What is this positivity? Remember we are Villa fans. We will bid for a lot of great players and they will sign for other teams. Remember to follow me and VillaReport for all the latest ITK stuff.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Purslow will look foolish after saying he wouldn't pay 10 million for him and I agree with him

Course he won't. It wasn't in the press slamming a player was he, it was a jokey comment to his own fans in an informal setting

12 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

What is this positivity? Remember we are Villa fans. We will bid for a lot of great players and they will sign for other teams. Remember to follow me and VillaReport for all the latest ITK stuff.

We have Steven Gerrard at the helm now, his name alone will attract players that we couldn’t have dreamt of signing when we had Dean Smith as manager. No disrespect to Dean Smith, he’s still an excellent manager and a Villa fan to boot

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

This Summer is going to be the most exciting yet because I think we'll focus on quality over quantity which hasn't always been possible due to the need for numbers and a squad.
I think we could see up to 10 players leaving, including a couple of first team players and we'll spend the money available on Coutinho and 3 others. Honestly, if we could sign Coutinho and 2 starting defensive midfielders, I'd be over the moon - anything else would be a bonus for me. We desperately need to improve in that central midfield area.

Here we go, Football Manager head on...

Philipps: 50m
Darwin Nunez: 50m
Bissouma: 27m
Coutinho: 33m
Total: £160m

It seems like a lot, but I think if we're smart, we can generate up to £90m in player sales. 

And then line up like this:

Buendia-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bailey
-----------------------------------------Coutinho----------------------------------------------

Or...

------------------------------Coutinho--------Buendia------------------------------------
------------------------------------------Ramsey-----------------------------------------------

Or a variation on any of the above.

It's all about quality this window, not quantity. 

I didn't know we were allowed to go full football manager on here....

GK Robin Olsen - Roma - 5m
LB Borna Sosa - Stuttgart - 20m
RB Max Aarons - Norwich - 20m
CB Sven Botman - Lille - 35m
CB Nicola Milenkovic - Fiorentina - 25m

Sell/Release
Steer, Young, Mings

Boubakar Kamara - Marseille - 0m
Yves Bissouma - Brighton - 35m
Ryan Gravenberch - Ajax - 25m

Sell/Release
McGinn, Luis (Contract), Chukwumeka (Contract), Sanson (Regrettably)

Jeremy Doku - Rennes - 25m
Phillipe Coutinho - Barcelona - 30m
Callum Hudon Odoi - Chelsea - 35m
Tammy Abraham - Roma - 50m

Sell/Release
Trez, AEG, Traore, Watkins

Total Spend 305m 😂
Total income 180m
Net Spend 125m

Now that is a full squad for a 4-2-3-1 for a Europa League place!
If a manager couldn't manage 6th with that he should be sacked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If we lose Luiz and Carney and sign Bissouma and/or Phillips then it will have been a dismal transfer window

Yeah, selling a player that can't get a game in his actual position and a kid who doesn't particularly look like he wants to be here, and replacing them with a starter is the stuff nightmares are made of

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Course he won't. It wasn't in the press slamming a player was he, it was a jokey comment to his own fans in an informal setting

Yes, plus perhaps it was the action of a skilled negotiator talking down the price.

2 minutes ago, og1874 said:

Yeah, selling a player that can't get a game in his actual position and a kid who doesn't particularly look like he wants to be here, and replacing them with a starter is the stuff nightmares are made of

Luiz is a superior footballer to Bissouma who was the worst player on the pitch when we played Brighton recently and has been dropped and dragged off in recent weeks in one of the poorest teams in the league on form.

As for Phillips he is an injury prone clogger who could easily be a one season wonder, seen him dominated in the Championship by lesser known midfielders

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Luiz is a superior footballer to Bissouma who was the worst player on the pitch when we played Brighton recently and has been dropped and dragged off in recent weeks in one of the poorest teams in the league on form.

As for Phillips he is an injury prone clogger who could easily be a one season wonder, seen him dominated in the Championship by lesser known midfielders

This is your opinion and you are in the minority. The vast majority of people and thankfully the management at Villa don't share your views.