Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

23 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

But it's something we've had to do recently in games with players having suspensions and injuries in midfield and we've coped.

In the Don we trust.

I mean last time Kamara was out we nearly lost to Bournemouth. But yes Unai has more than earned our trust for being able to find a way. Just feels like making his job harder unnecessarily!

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Martinez instigated the whole thing

This was my take earlier, but having listened to a couple of podcasts and rewatched the highlights I’ve changed my view (which previously was “leave Maupay on the ground, he’s wasting his own time” - I think Emi does want to start a ruckus to waste time and is happy to take a yellow to do so - he just doesn’t account for Kamara raising his hands. So you’re right he instigated it but I think he had a plan.

Anyway, Emery sounds annoyed with Watkins, Emi and Kamara, so I’m sure they’ll all get a talking to

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, switters said:

It was a red but watch the footage there and keep eyes on Brentford #33. First he shoves Martinez. Then he goes at Moreno a couple of times, Kamara tries to pull him away, then he lashes aggressively at Kamara once. And then again. And then Kamara reacts at him. #33 should definitely be off as well.

Seems completely disproportionate that Kamara will miss 3 games from that and that little thug gets away with nothing

That's what I don't understand. Brentford player(s) far more handsy. No red

9 minutes ago, switters said:

It was a red but watch the footage there and keep eyes on Brentford #33. First he shoves Martinez. Then he goes at Moreno a couple of times, Kamara tries to pull him away, then he lashes aggressively at Kamara once. And then again. And then Kamara reacts at him. #33 should definitely be off as well.

Seems completely disproportionate that Kamara will miss 3 games from that and that little thug gets away with nothing

This is why I hope that we try to bring this incident up as a club and appeal it. We were kinda thrown under the bus there in terms of fair calls. If they can retroactively change rulings, if we can't reduce the punishment for our own sins I hope we try to give some back to Brentford for their ill-doings.

Thought it was silly to the point he can't really complain, but at the same time it was pretty soft. I don't think VAR would have overturned it had the ref not given a red card in the moment, to put it that way. It felt like there were worse infractions committed by others in the two scraps that broke out but by that point all control was lost by both players and officials and something like that was bound to happen.

Annoying to lose him as his role in the team is an important one that not many others in the squad can replicate. 

26 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Oh boy. Not this again… it’s fascinating how people continue to completely ignore personal responsibility in moments like that.

I posted a video above. Can you point out where Boubacar needs to take personal responsibility?

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Personally I hope we appeal, it is incredibly soft to miss 3 games and IMO he just wanted to throw a red out to shut it down.

Needed to see freeze frame on MOTD to see the hand to face. There's no point appealing even though was soft af. They'll just say you can't put hand to face

Based on the video above there's scope for appeal I reckon. Yes he put his hands on the bloke's neck but any force in the altercation was instigated by the Brentford player.

Compare that to the Brentford keeper who had Konsa in a headlock after the Watkins goal.

Edited by Ponky
  • Like 1

Â