Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

And? 

Probably touched the ball 5 times in that time. What were you expecting him to do in that time to impress you? He's looked about as good as he did in the last 2 games.

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Probably touched the ball 5 times in that time. What were you expecting him to do in that time to impress you? He's looked about as good as he did in the last 2 games.

I’m only messing, he’s been ok. Like the way he sits very closely to the centre halves. Looks a proper DM. Might take him time to get used to pace of PL is all

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m only messing, he’s been ok. Like the way he sits very closely to the centre halves. Looks a proper DM. Might take him time to get used to pace of PL is all

Only thing I've noticed about his game that I think he can improve is that he's not constantly looking for space to receive the ball. He just kind of hovers between players and doesn't make angles to receive passes, which is weird for a player like him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Only thing I've noticed about his game that I think he can improve is that he's not constantly looking for space to receive the ball. He just kind of hovers between players and doesn't make angles to receive passes, which is weird for a player like him.

Yeh, for sure. Could look for the ball more. He’s still very young. One of the reasons we need another defensive minded midfielder for me. Can’t rely on Kamara even if he does end up being a very good player. 

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Agree, there were times where he could’ve just moved into space to receive the ball. I’m not sure if he’s doing this though to allow the centre half’s to move into space with the ball, as they do like to carry the ball out from the back. Definitely think he will need time to adjust to the pace of the PL. 

23 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

This could be an instruction to be fair. A lot of DMs are told to occupy the attention of the opposition strikers/AMs so that their cente halves can push out with the ball. Would make sense because when you take into account the number of passes he attempts per 90 it doesn't suggest it's something he does at club level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Indigo said:

This could be an instruction to be fair. A lot of DMs are told to occupy the attention of the opposition strikers/AMs so that their cente halves can push out with the ball. Would make sense because when you take into account the number of passes he attempts per 90 it doesn't suggest it's something he does at club level.

Right, exactly what I was thinking. Seems completely at odds with reports of his style at Marseille.

50 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Didn’t do an awful lot. 

34 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Most touches in the game. Solid pass accuracy, most ground duels won .... but didn't do an awful lot.  Sounds like no one did an awful lot then.

Edited by MrBlack

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I noticed that in his first game. I thought it might be nerves, but it looks like he is hiding behind the opposition when France is in possession sometimes - like he doesn't really want the ball. 

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

looks like he is hiding behind the opposition when France is in possession sometimes - like he doesn't really want the ball. 

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

is he a French Westwood yet?

Looks like it

Edited by MrBlack
/s for those that missed the joke
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Without watching not wanting the ball + taking the most touches out of any player on the pitch doesn't make sense 

It might have if you had watched the game. 

• Like 1

Â