Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, tomsky_11 said:

Possibly need to factor set pieces into those kind of numbers, same with comparing Bentancur and Luiz. Guessing Bentancur's passing numbers are are not being brought down by taking corners and free kicks in forward areas, where Luiz and Pirlo's numbers are presumably affected by this to some degree.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming its a complete statistical analysis, pirlo probably attempted more long passes for example 

34 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As 'daft' as it is to take what's on a messageboard as gospel, you can't help but be a little concerned by those comments from fans that watch him all the time. 

Can we get a Delphinho 123 concern count chart please?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Am I SERIOUSLY being asked to form an opinion on this player based on the views of someone called Elvin Zebra?????

By and large it often seems like the more successful a team the more of their (non local rusted on) fans know the absolute sum of **** all outside FIFA FUT ratings and arguing about whether Messi is better than Ronaldo and from the look of it I doubt Elvin Zebra is a sun dried turin…ian(?) worth listening to. Regardless of what happens at Juventus I doubt they will ever play host to anyone who could be reasonably be described as ‘the worst midfielder I have ever seen’

Edited by Eidolon
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Possibly need to factor set pieces into those kind of numbers, same with comparing Bentancur and Luiz. Guessing Bentancur's passing numbers are are not being brought down by taking corners and free kicks in forward areas, where Luiz and Pirlo's numbers are presumably affected by this to some degree.

Got no numbers on Pirlo but 12.1% of Luiz's attempted passes this season are from dead ball situations, compared to 1.6% of Bentancur's.

Just now, tomsky_11 said:

Got no numbers on Pirlo but 12.1% of Luiz's attempted passes this season are from dead ball situations, compared to 1.6% of Bentancur's.

But are those attempted passes aesthetically pleasing to the fans? 

Nah I'm joking, interesting info!

11 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

How much  % of those dead balls are from our own half, rolling it to Mings/Konsa/McGinn without zero pressure on the pass? Down the rabbit hole. 

A quick look at that Juve forum and it's fair to say the opinions in general are extreme! They seem to think every player is terrible, there are some posters who seem reasonably balanced and back up their views on him with stats too. For example it's widely seen that Bentancur was the best player on the pitch last night and played well, however some (including that elvin character) refuse to acknowledge that and just say he's terrible despite every good display or stats that prove his opinion wrong.

I also am not convinced we'll sign him anyway, he's a first team regular at Juve and will he want to leave to join Villa at this time?

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

ahhhh, thats a big chunk!  Apparently 40% sell-on fee.   

I wonder if its £16m to Juve plus £7m to Boca J, or the touted £16m is split between them.  In which case Juve get virtually peanuts for him!

Wow, man some you of should be scouts… y’all are in the wrong professions and wasting your talents… Your bold new way of judging players based on Twitter, fans forums or any one with an Italian name/face/flag/car/ juve badge. Who needs to waste time and use data, scouting, videos, background checks etc… geez 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

ahhhh, thats a big chunk!  Apparently 40% sell-on fee.   

I wonder if its £16m to Juve plus £7m to Boca J, or the touted £16m is split between them.  In which case Juve get virtually peanuts for him!

I thought Juve needed cash for a purchase they had planned. If this is so then they won’t be happy with ‘peanuts’!

The sell on fee isn't our issue. That's Juve. He's only worth what will pay full stop, where the money goes after we buy him isn't relevant to villa. If Juve want more because of the clause then **** it move onto another option.

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

The sell on fee isn't our issue. That's Juve. He's only worth what will pay full stop, where the money goes after we buy him isn't relevant to villa. If Juve want more because of the clause then **** it move onto another option.

Back on the Bissouma bus!

58 minutes ago, messi11 said:

This is the thing,
Juventus fans are giving their opinions from their eyes. 
Villa analytics accounts are giving their opinion from comparing fbref stats without ever seeing the player actually play. This guy below for example.

You are giving your opinion on the player from having neither seen him play OR stats so god knows how you've even formed an opinion?

Â