Formula One - 2022

BOF

Too many substandard drivers now in F1,  too many daddy’s boys or wealthy bastards who’ve bought their way in, there must be genuinely talented drivers out there who are blocked from ever getting a chance because they don’t come from a wealthy family, and yeah, I know it’s been going on for quite a while.

41 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Too many substandard drivers now in F1,  too many daddy’s boys or wealthy bastards who’ve bought their way in, there must be genuinely talented drivers out there who are blocked from ever getting a chance because they don’t come from a wealthy family, and yeah, I know it’s been going on for quite a while.

This is why the old boys are still racing too, bring in million pounds worth of sponsors. 

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Probably the strongest drivers grid in F1's history though, Stroll despite being the son of a billionaire is a very good driver who excelled as a junior and has matched a series of strong teammates.

Latifi and Zhou are probably the slowest on the grid but neither are awful either, Mazepin was the only who really wasn't fit to be a F1 driver but wasn't slow either, just dangerous.

Back in the 80s and 90s pay drivers were awful in comparison.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Probably the strongest drivers grid in F1's history though, Stroll despite being the son of a billionaire is a very good driver who excelled as a junior and has matched a series of strong teammates.

Latifi and Zhou are probably the slowest on the grid but neither are awful either, Mazepin was the only who really wasn't fit to be a F1 driver but wasn't slow either, just dangerous.

Back in the 80s and 90s pay drivers were awful in comparison.

We’ve had a lot of really strong young driver come through in the last 5 years or so too IMO

Definitely a stronger second tier of drivers than I can ever remember 

Oh oh oh it’s about to start. One o’clock in the morning way too many beers and about to watch a gp. It will not be a pretty day at work tomorrow well today. Go Danny ric or clc.  And they are off 

Edited by Withnail
who arch’s a gp rather than watch?

4 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Lewis unlucky with the safety car, but why tell his crew that they put him in a difficult position? Wasn't their fault.

Lewis doesn’t blame other people. He’s a good boy who does his best and never ever blames others.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Lewis doesn’t blame other people. He’s a good boy who does his best and never ever blames others.

Engine was turned up on the car and was over heating, which is why he didn't have the chance to catch Russell, had to back it off

Decent race imo, could have been a lot worse. I personally don’t like the cars much this year but the racing is certainly closer than in the past, you wonder if they even need DRS on certain circuits now.

2 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Decent race imo, could have been a lot worse. I personally don’t like the cars much this year but the racing is certainly closer than in the past, you wonder if they even need DRS on certain circuits now.

They are phasing it out for next season I think.

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Engine was turned up on the car and was over heating, which is why he didn't have the chance to catch Russell, had to back it off

And he didn’t moan about it. That’s Hamilton, never moans.