Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Does anyone else think he could have come for the cross that led to their first goal? The cross that Gunnarson (I think) headed back across goal. 

absolutely not, Emi wouldnt have came for it either as was way too wide of the goal

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

My granny’s falling skeleton would have saved that. Kin hell.

Its funny because I knew that header looked familiar as Emi conceded a similar goal to Burnley a few seasons back with a similar slow motion header and it went in off the post

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

75% pass accuracy considering this is supposed to be his weakness. Looking around the league at the weekend for some of the surrounding teams and most of the goalkeepers made around 30-50 passes, Olsen made 36 and has performed better than more elite keepers

Allison 69%

Pope 70.8%

Vicario 73%

Sanchez 92.3%

Ramsdale 89%

Onana 70%

Verbruggen 100%

Areola 38.5%

Ederson 80%

I've seen some weak arguments but this could actually be the worst.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

75% pass accuracy considering this is supposed to be his weakness. Looking around the league at the weekend for some of the surrounding teams and most of the goalkeepers made around 30-50 passes, Olsen made 36 and has performed better than more elite keepers

Allison 69%

Pope 70.8%

Vicario 73%

Sanchez 92.3%

Ramsdale 89%

Onana 70%

Verbruggen 100%

Areola 38.5%

Ederson 80%

Lol, man. Lol.

He almost cost us a goal when he kicked it straight at Kamara, probably should have saved the goal and didn’t have much else to do. Their strikers weren’t interested in pressing him. It was about an easy match for a keeper as he could have hoped. He had one or two routine saves to make and passed the ball around with his centre halves. 

He’s rubbish. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Lol, man. Lol.

He almost cost us a goal when he kicked it straight at Kamara, probably should have saved the goal and didn’t have much else to do. Their strikers weren’t interested in pressing him. It was about an easy match for a keeper as he could have hoped. He had one or two routine saves to make and passed the ball around with his centre halves. 

He’s rubbish. 

Nobody said he is not rubbish, its just the bizarre scapegoating on here of a player after a win continues. If it wasnt Olsen it was Cash last week or Bailey or Buendia 

at least the fans at the stadium showed more support by chanting his name 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nobody said he is not rubbish, its just the bizarre scapegoating on here of a player after a win continues. If it wasnt Olsen it was Cash last week or Bailey or Buendia 

at least the fans at the stadium showed more support by chanting his name 

Scapegoat: a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others.

What mistakes of others? Who made errors but Olsen?

He gets criticism because he's shit.

He gets cheered at games, because we have good fans who support players.

What point are you exactly trying to make if you agree Olsen is rubbish?

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Scapegoat: a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others.

He gets criticism because he's shit.

He gets cheered at games, because we have good fans who support players.

What point are you exactly trying to make if you agree Olsen is rubbish?

Torres and Digne were more at fault for the goal yet have got a lot less criticism

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Torres and Digne were more at fault for the goal yet have got a lot less criticism

Torres was at fault and has got criticism. He was excellent in nearly everything else and has been praised for it. 

Digne had his best game this season and losing a header doesn't constitute "an error". That was 80/20 in favour of their player.

Olsen, as well as flapping at the goal was shaky throughout and nearly cost us another goal by booting it at Kamara for no reason. That's why he's had more criticism. There's nothing to praise.

It's very simple.

Wheeling out pass completion stats. Jesus wept. You're better than that. Don't be like the wallies.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Haha 1

He is who he is. I think we just have to back him and sing when he's playing for us.

He's clearly not a ball playing keeper nor is he happy coming off his line but saves like he did at 2-1 are what gets him into the Sweden team.

I think Unai adjusted by playing more of a mid block and then a lower block in the late stages of the game against Burnley. I think he certainly won't go with the high line like he did in the cup game against United last year.

But Olsen has improved marginally in the areas of playing from the back and sweeping. Unai will continue to demand and ask of them to play the same way, but I think he will adjust the defensive coverage to more suit Olsen's abilities when he's called upon.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I reckon most players on the pitch :D 

4 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I hope Olsen starts on Thursday whatever Emi's condition is. He'll be better and better every minute he plays.

I didn't hink there would be many times I'd say that I hope Olsen starts (except for Sweden), but I agree with you. They didn't press so much so he shouldn't come under so much pressure and can build some confidence playing with his feet. With the goal difference we have it should be risk free even if he makes a howler or two. It's important that he gets some minutes and gains confidence.

He's doing this on purpose isn't he?

Basic errors so either an extreme lack of concentration or just petrified playing infront of the Holte End.

Would rather have given one of the young keepers a start in this type of game and got them used to playing with 40k watching.

On 29/08/2023 at 20:58, Keener window-cleaner said:

I didn't hink there would be many times I'd say that I hope Olsen starts (except for Sweden), but I agree with you. They didn't press so much so he shouldn't come under so much pressure and can build some confidence playing with his feet. With the goal difference we have it should be risk free even if he makes a howler or two. It's important that he gets some minutes and gains confidence.

The problem is this type of game is miles off being 2-1 up in the cup at Old Trafford and then he drops a basic cross and we become very nervous in defence and concede preventable goals.

He'll concede 2-3 at Anfield if he plays. With Emi you have that aura and assurance and belief he can be a brick wall at any moment when opposition are getting shots in, Olsen just dosen't have anywhere close to that level and that's without the basic misjudgements from crosses and his mediocre distribution.

Â