Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Yeah, equally bad, I'd say. 

How would we rank the following? All still playing afaik…

Heaton

Reina

Guzan

Steer

Johnstone

Kalinic

Olsen

Nyland 

We’ve made so many shit signings… 🤦‍♂️

Just now, Jas10 said:

Heaton

Reina

Guzan

Steer

Johnstone

Kalinic

Olsen

Nyland 

I'd put Johnstone 3rd, the rest stay where they are. 

Didn't see the game - was he crap again?

The mere psychological effect he has on the defence must be bad just in itself. Kind of like the opposite to what Martinez does.

Get rid ASAP. He's awful.

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

I'd put Johnstone 3rd, the rest stay where they are. 

Didn’t see much of Kalinic… but you’d rate him above Olsen and Nyland?

I’m not sure whose worse out of that pair…

Reina has the most ability but too old now… I know little about his controversial views and opinions so not taking that into account.

Johnstone would probably be the most capable at this moment in time… 

We can do better anyway…

I’d be happy to go into the season right now if we replaced Olsen… expecting more business though… but what does it matter if he plays, if Emi is out for a while? 😱😬

He is going to cost us… 🤦‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Heaton

Reina

Guzan

Steer

Johnstone

Kalinic

Olsen

Nyland 

Heaton by far and away the best, if not for his injury I’m still sure he’d have been a very good signing. 

24 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Didn’t see much of Kalinic… but you’d rate him above Olsen and Nyland?

I’m not sure whose worse out of that pair…

Reina has the most ability but too old now… I know little about his controversial views and opinions so not taking that into account.

Johnstone would probably be the most capable at this moment in time… 

We can do better anyway…

It's all much of a muchness in that turd quagmire tbf

His distribution is terrible totally jeopardises the way Unai wants and expects the team to play, as a shot stopper he’s ok it’s the other parts of his game that makes him a square peg in a round hole as far as this team is concerned. 

Real area for concern but such a hard position to fill adequately.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

His big issue seems to be his confidence, I thought he looked ok for the first 10 minutes or so of the second half, but unfortunately you are just waiting for that mistake to happen and it always comes. Surely he has to be replaced before the window shuts?

I really does look that way to me, too. I don't know what the solution is. I always wonder whether an applied sport psychologist might help. Confidence definitely can improve performance to a degree.

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He played one terrible pass out from the box and maybe could have done better with the parry for the goal, didn’t look as bad as some are making out though 

That's why I say, he always looks " settled " after a garbage opening.

I've been one championing for him to be given time and patience as being a second goalkeeper isn't easy.

However, his " mistakes " aren't little one, those are points in the Premier League and too risky.

Even Emi makes mistakes but this is different.

• Like 1

He's never been comfortable with the ball at his feet so he's never going to be suited to the way we want our GK to be part of the build up.

The last couple seasons he's become markedly worse as a GK as well. Part of it is likely down to confidence and him not playing enough games to be sharp when he does play. He still manages to have a good game for Sweden once in a while but even then he usually has one or two mistakes in him.

Mentioned a couple times on here but he's much more skittish ever since that armed burglary him and his wife and two children were the victims of a few years back when at Everton. I really do think it's effecting him and his family a huge amount and the interviews he's done says as much. Family can't be alone at home when he's away and the kids sleep in their bed now due to fear.

Considering he's on a very high salary for a back up GK we really need to try and find a move for him since his fit here is terrible. No idea where thou due to the salary. Be great for Sweden too if he went somewhere that he got game time even thou I rather he was replaced in the national side. But that won't happen under the current manager.

Edited by sne

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He played one terrible pass out from the box and maybe could have done better with the parry for the goal, didn’t look as bad as some are making out though 

They should have scored from the bad pass so that would have been 2 goals conceded due to errors.  Seems to happen every game.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sne said:

He's never been comfortable with the ball at his feet so he's never going to be suited to the way we want our GK to be part of the build up.

The last couple seasons he's become markedly worse as a GK as well. Part of it is likely down to confidence and him not playing enough games to be sharp when he does play. He still manages to have a good game for Sweden once in a while but even then he usually has one or two mistakes in him.

Mentioned a couple times on here but he's much more skittish ever since that armed burglary him and his wife and two children were the victims of a few years back when at Everton. I really do think it's effecting him and his family a huge amount and the interviews he's done says as much. Family can't be alone at home when he's away and the kids sleep in their bed now due to fear.

Considering he's on a very high salary for a back up GK we really need to try and find a move for him since his fit here is terrible. No idea where thou due to the salary. Be great for Sweden too if he went somewhere that he got game time even thou I rather he was replaced in the national side. But that won't happen under the current manager.

You can see it coming across in game too. Starts off reasonably but then is more hesitant coming off the line, passing starts getting worse and worse. Wouldn’t surprise me if he had some sort of anxiety. 

I don’t want him to get more abuse. Clearly not a fit though Unai believes in him enough to be second, we need a replacement ASAP. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They should have scored from the bad pass so that would have been 2 goals conceded due to errors.  Seems to happen every game.

Exactly, this is what scared me, if he was steady, unspectacular with the odd little mistake it's doable, but those were two almost guaranteed goals yesterday against PL opposition under normal circumstances 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That's why I say, he always looks " settled " after a garbage opening.

I've been one championing for him to be given time and patience as being a second goalkeeper isn't easy.

However, his " mistakes " aren't little one, those are points in the Premier League and too risky.

Even Emi makes mistakes but this is different.

I feel like the truth of that matter is somewhere between you, but that still tips the scale towards NEW KEEPER for me. He's an excellent practice keeper, too, and you can see that the guys like him. Strikes me as a really nice guy, too, but I have no doubt he's a big vulnerability. And Filip Marschall is simply not ready for PL -- brave, but still learning.

Â