Lucas Digne

villan-scott

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

No chance. Digne was £25m and Matt Targett was derided on here *weekly* and we managed to get £5m loan fee and eventually get £12-15m for him, with Digne effectively costing us ~£10m. Considering just how much abuse Targett was gettingc That was a good bit of business at the time. I personally was frustrated that we didn't keep Targett for competition. But £10m outlay was smart business.

Coutinho was 90% discounted from the fee he moved to Barca for. Whether we should have bought him or not was a discussion, yeah, but the fee was sensible and at 50% off the option fee was lauded

Not by me.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

It was January for Digne for a start and the newly richest club in the world also wanted him. And Coutinho we got for 50% of the previously agreed fee. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but you can't rewrite history, those were two good negotiations for the time 

I and a few others said both were bad pieces of business at the time

On 08/07/2023 at 11:22, CarryOnVilla said:

IMG-7153.jpg

Also a Dior wash bag… the poor boy!

How could Villa pay him so poorly 

Damn. I've always wanted somewhere to store my Lingots. 

15 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

What not by you?

If you mean lauded or thinking any of it was smart business, that would be because not one of your 24,500 posts is positive 

Not true. I was really positive about the possibility of Digne and Coutihno leaving and any remains of Gerrard's shitty fingerprints.

It blows my mind people thinking Purslow wasn't booted for this whole mess.

Gerrard, Coutinho, Digne. That's it. You can't waste that amount of money and keep your job.

• Like 3

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Gerrard, Coutinho, Digne. That's it. You can't waste that amount of money and keep your job.

And Ings/Bailey. 

We got out of jail with Ings though. 

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Back to Everton or France on loan , I'd say we will do well to get £60k wages and maybe a £2m loan fee.

It is £5m saved this season which is something.

🤣 We could do significantly better than that, christ. Don't try and free any hostages any time soon, rodders mate 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yes but he spoke well in interviews and we progressed so much under him. Just ignore the fact we've outspent 99% of Europe the past few years and have a spend to rival super clubs.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

And Ings/Bailey. 

We got out of jail with Ings though. 

We were very fortunate with Ings, it looked destined he was running his contract out with us 

unfortunately it looks like we’re stuck with Coutinho and Digne  on our books 

ideally, I want the club to not sign players that we are unlikely to sell on again 

Just now, lexicon said:

🤣 We could do significantly better than that, christ. Don't try and free any hostages any time soon, rodders mate 🤣

Who is going to match his 3 years 120k - 160k deal he's on here?

Who below us has the money to cover his wages on loan for a left back?

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Who is going to match his 3 years 120k - 160k deal he's on here?

Who below us has the money to cover his wages on loan for a left back?

That’s the worry I don’t think he’ll leave for that reason alone 

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Very few were complaining when we signed the two players.  Actually, most fans were quite giddy.

We need to bank £16.5m to recoup the remaining book value of his contract. He's on £6.25m per year. So annual cost to us is £11.75m. 

We would need a new LB if we sold him too. That's unless we are determined to go with 3CBs and one FB and we can swap sides for Cash or Moreno to be the attacking outlet. 

Â