Lucas Digne

villan-scott

2 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

Does anyone know what the cut off time is for Digne to be registered in time for the United match? 

Usually  it's midday on the Friday before weekend games so then I guess. We should be fine if it's progressing as it seems to be. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

Fingers crossed then. Hope we just put him straight into the side if he is eligible! 

Can't see him starting, too much of a risk.

He has not played for many weeks nor trained with the rest of the defence. Not a huge area of weakness for us.

Just checked the fixtures and would you believe the following game is away at Everton. Amazing how these things get thrown up!😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lochheads twin said:

Can't see him starting, too much of a risk.

He has not played for many weeks nor trained with the rest of the defence. Not a huge area of weakness for us.

Just checked the fixtures and would you believe the following game is away at Everton. Amazing how these things get thrown up!😀

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Other big LB transfers for context.

Not many appear on the list twice, when you spend like this on a fullback they're with you for the long term. Even the ones that are young and have 'sell on value' don't really. (Shaw, Mendy 😳. Would imagine Tierney, Chilwell get added to that list down the line too)

You spend this money for quality and for trust in a top player. We hopefully now have both of those and a great signing. Here's hoping. 

We'd have all liked someone for £20m who could be world-class in 5 years time and a £50m sell on fee if we were forced to sell. But we have a quality player here, we've not had many of those at LB in my lifetime let's enjoy it. It's not 'our' money after all.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

giphy.gif

Sidcow, I see the highlighting, so I assume it's about how good or otherwise we both rate Targett. ( I thought I had got the fixtures mixed up for a minute😀)

In my opinion, we now have two good players to fight for this spot in the team. I stick by its a risk to throw him straight in this weekend. Target has not let us down too often in his time at Villa Park.

One of the joys of adding depth and quality to the team!

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i saw one guy on the Everton forum so desperate to claim he was 29 and over the hill, saying that the normal way to ascertain someone's age is to "round age up", so if you are more than 28 and a half, you are 29......he argued it for ages too lol.

They aren’t called the bitters for nothing. Angriest bunch of fans in the country.

Trust me they are not happy with this one but trying to play it down because he not had best start to this season. But their whole season has been a nightmare an they riddled with injuries. 

Bottom line is he is one of their best players an was their main creative player last year I believe an before but they now have to try an convince themselves otherwise. 

As a liverpool fan I’m naturally delighted that Rafa is continuing to dismantle them from within

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Pablo_2531 said:

They aren’t called the bitters for nothing. Angriest bunch of fans in the country.

Trust me they are not happy with this one but trying to play it down because he not had best start to this season. But their whole season has been a nightmare an they riddled with injuries. 

Bottom line is he is one of their best players an was their main creative player last year I believe an before but they now have to try an convince themselves otherwise. 

As a liverpool fan I’m naturally delighted that Rafa is continuing to dismantle them from within

"Agent Rafa"....... :P

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

You'd of thought matt would be fighting for his place last game instead he played like he did. 

can he do anymore, than he did?.....I think thats it.

Jack masked his shortfalls, to give a false impression.

Â