Yves Bissouma

Corleone

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

However, I do believe he'll join Spurs over us for sure. They have Champions League football to offer. I'm just very happy the two key positions we needed sorted have been done. Elite passing CDM, and elite passing CB

They already have hojiberg and Bentancur. Oliver Skipp also did well at times last season and think Conte rates him so don't think they'll be looking for that type, more creative CM.

Chelsea also linked to Bissouma now. At 30m he's going to have plenty of interest.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

They already have hojiberg and Bentancur. Oliver Skipp also did well at times last season and think Conte rates him so don't think they'll be looking for that type, more creative CM.

Chelsea also linked to Bissouma now. At 30m he's going to have plenty of interest.

Someone also mentioned Pape Mater Sarr returning from loan so add him and they are pretty stacked in midfield.  Chelsea are also stacked in midfield, and their priority is defenders.  We could nick it I reckon.  Hopefully the other signings convince him.

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They need at least 4 central midfielders for the system they play and number games they'll have. Hojberg, Bentancur, Skipp and 19yo Sarr. They need another signing in there and Bissouma would fit the bill perfectly for them. 

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Will papa matar sarr actually play this season.

Edited by AshVilla

25 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Someone also mentioned Pape Mater Sarr returning from loan so add him and they are pretty stacked in midfield.  Chelsea are also stacked in midfield, and their priority is defenders.  We could nick it I reckon.  Hopefully the other signings convince him.

Who are these tiny clubs to whom you refer? UTV!!

Interesting one this. I think Brighton have played a blinder, Bissouma is undoubtedly a quality player but they're in a good position to get very good money for him despite his contract situation. Plus they've pretty much already replaced him. They have this business model nailed.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see Brighton got the absolute best out of Bissouma and (whilst he's younger and better, as are Brighton) almost be similar to Doucoure leaving Watford for Everton - never quite hitting the same level again.

Fwiw, I'd be very happy with Bissouma and he'd make us a lot stronger in midfield. I do however think whilst him and Kamara would keep us ticking over fine, it'll land all of the Midfield creativity and engine at the feet of Ramsey and McGinn (fighting for one spot).

Bissouma is very good at what he does but Brighton still require the likes of Caceido, Mwepu or even Groß to move into attack. Wo5h Kamara & Bissouma I think we'd see us become a very difficult team to beat, but not exactly exciting on the ball. It'll pretty much all hinge on Ramsey, Buendia and Coutinho being in top form together. But with no pace, and little creativity behind them, it'll be a tough job.

Suppose if we keep Luiz it gives us options to be more progressive. But

Ramsey/McGinn

Bissouma/Luiz

Kamara/Nakamba/Iroegbunam

Is almost (MN aside) too good a midfield to not be in Europe. We don't have enough games to keep them all happy. I see no way we sign Bissouma and keep both Luiz and McGinn.

But if we did. Boy would we have a midfield to contend with next season. Steel, strength, creativity and genuine depth. Interesting transfer if it happens.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Interesting one this. I think Brighton have played a blinder, Bissouma is undoubtedly a quality player but they're in a good position to get very good money for him despite his contract situation. Plus they've pretty much already replaced him. They have this business model nailed.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see Brighton got the absolute best out of Bissouma and (whilst he's younger and better, as are Brighton) almost be similar to Doucoure leaving Watford for Everton - never quite hitting the same level again.

Fwiw, I'd be very happy with Bissouma and he'd make us a lot stronger in midfield. I do however think whilst him and Kamara would keep us ticking over fine, it'll land all of the Midfield creativity and engine at the feet of Ramsey and McGinn (fighting for one spot).

Bissouma is very good at what he does but Brighton still require the likes of Caceido, Mwepu or even Groß to move into attack. Wo5h Kamara & Bissouma I think we'd see us become a very difficult team to beat, but not exactly exciting on the ball. It'll pretty much all hinge on Ramsey, Buendia and Coutinho being in top form together. But with no pace, and little creativity behind them, it'll be a tough job.

Suppose if we keep Luiz it gives us options to be more progressive. But

Ramsey/McGinn

Bissouma/Luiz

Kamara/Nakamba/Iroegbunam

Is almost (MN aside) too good a midfield to not be in Europe. We don't have enough games to keep them all happy. I see no way we sign Bissouma and keep both Luiz and McGinn.

But if we did. Boy would we have a midfield to contend with next season. Steel, strength, creativity and genuine depth. Interesting transfer if it happens.

Interesting points.  I think Bissouma would give us the balance we need between defense and attack in midfield.  Kamara the #6, Bissouma the hybrid #6/8, and Ramsey/McGinn the #8.  The issue we've had this past season is that with two attacking #8s we are left too exposed.  It's all about balance.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Interesting points.  I think Bissouma would give us the balance we need between defense and attack in midfield.  Kamara the #6, Bissouma the hybrid #6/8, and Ramsey/McGinn the #8.  The issue we've had this past season is that with two attacking #8s we are left too exposed.  It's all about balance.

For sure we've had serious issues. I suppose the question is does 1 DM fix that for us? You'd hope, Vs lower half teams, yes absolutely. Vs Liverpool, City and Chelsea? Probably not.

I suppose if we could sign Bissouma for £20m and keep Luiz I'd be ecstatic and it would be great business. We can play more expansive football Vs lower half teams, with more protection for the defence. Then utilise both Bissouma & Kamara in tougher games.

But I don't think we can £35m+ even in final year of his contract and I think we'll see us be more 'robust' and less fluid (if possible 🤣) in all games.

But look, he's a very good player and we want those on the team.

10 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If we fail at getting Bissouma, we can get Harry Winks for £25m off spuds..

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886r5hnwazjwqxhxyla4c

Nah we're getting Harry Winks along with £4m as part of the John McGinn to Spurs offer from Baldy McBaldface. 

Just had a look at the Brighton forum, and majority reckon he’s their best player and they’ll miss him massively despite having other strong options in midfield. But they are resigned to losing him, who knows where he’ll go.

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He's only 19yo. He might go on loan again

We have a certain 19yo that could do with a loan, shame he's not of the same mindset.

I wouldn't go any higher than 30m for Bissouma.

Edited by AshVilla

5 hours ago, duke313 said:

Its the Danny Ings sweetener going the other way will win the deal for us 😃

Â